Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half term activities in London

Hi All

Taking my boys (6 and 7) up to London in half term, British Museum and London Zoo are on the cards but would welcome any other good suggestions, bit left field would be good.

Also, anyone sdtayed in any hotels (premier, holiday inn type level) in London that are any good . We may make a night of it

Thoughts much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    war museum in greenwich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]war museum in greenwich
    The Imperial War Museum in Elephant & Castle is also good, and it's free! But it's not really a place to take a 6 & 7 year old.

I can't think of anything better than the zoo, which is around £15 for adults and perhaps a picnic in the park?
  • Options
    Tell you what, you leave the kids with Claire in the hotel, I'll take an afternoon off work and we'll go out and get smashed!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Young Addicks Q&A with Frazer Richardson and Christian Dailly at The Valley next Tuesday 2-3pm.

"Uncle Kevin" Nolan in the chair.

Tickets (free) going very well.
  • Options
    Sounds good Dave, will we have got over Gills away and Green Day by then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]Sounds good Dave, will we have got over Gills away and Green Day by then?

Highly unlikely!
  • Options
    Museum of London is very good and free.

HMS Belfast is good and you can then walk over Tower Bridge to the Tower of London. After that jump on the DLR and lets the kids sit up the front so they can "drive it".

Get off at Greenwich and do Greenwich Park and the Maritime Museum and then pop down to the Valley.
  • Options
    you could also do a canal boat trip through regents park/london zoo/camden through all the locks which is a bit different?
    ducktours tours have always looked really fun too! kids love boats and being on the water
  • Options
    After seeing the mummies at the British Museum, I don't think there's a lot for younger kids, unless it's changed recently. Worth checking the Natural history museum as there's a special exhibition on Darwin and I think it's called Coccon. It's meant to be interactice, for all ages etc, you walk inside this cocoon thing and it is meant to be superb but I think you need to pre-book it. Plus the Blue whale is always a goodun to see.
    The Eye at night followed by a Macdonalds, usually works as well!
  • Options
    I worked on that cocoon, the labs around it (not accessible to the public) have several billion different types of insects. I think they have a copy of everyone who's existence we are aware of.

So get the kids to give the scientists a hand with the counting and go on a week long bender with DaveMehmet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For kids that age the natural history museum is good - but gets absolutely packed at holidays, I went there with the family this time last year and they had some theme park like queuing system in place for the entry to the dinosaur section.

The london aquarium is very good as well but stupidly expensive in my view ( I can only assume they use bottled water in the tanks)

The london transport museum might be a good bet and you have the various entertainers in covent garden to amuse the kids as well (plus good options for lunch while you are there).
  • Options
    Madame Tussands waxworks would be a good place to take the kids. IWM is also a very good museum and free. British War Musuem is good fun for kids too as well as London Dungeons.
  • Options
    Also very impressed with the Imperial War Museum - I could spend a whole day there.
  • Options
    I went into the observatory in Greenwich park with my ten year old daughter on Saturday and she really enjoyed it.
    Had a wander round the park and saw the deer as well.

All free!