Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    "It's two games in a row that I haven't scored and for me that's unreal," the 24-year-old told BBC Radio Bristol.

"I apologised to the manager after the game as the one thing I know how to do is score goals."

Ha ha, that's hilarious. Just to remind him of his Charlton record - two goals in 29 games (although admitedly the majority of those appearances were from off the bench...)
  • Options
    lol it is very funny isnt it :-)
  • Options
    Why? Because he wants to do well for his current team after establishing an extremely high bar off the trot? Or because he's not talking about how he *really* wants to play for Leeds or Franchise FC or some other *bigger* club in the division?
  • Options
    I don't think too much self confidence and a touch of arrogance are a bad thing for a goalscorer. I remember seeing Killer miss three great chances in a televised game at ST James Park years ago. These things happen to strikers, let's see how he bounces back from it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Why? Because he wants to do well for his current team after establishing an extremely high bar off the trot? Or because he's not talking about how he *really* wants to play for Leeds or Franchise FC or some other *bigger* club in the division?

No, its because he thinks he's better than he actually is....
  • Options
    no problem with those comments for me

the lad's got something about him and good luck to him
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I wonder if he'll get dropped by the manager and frozen out for good, just to be used as an emergency sub on the bench when all other options are injured? Ala Pardew and Parky
  • Options
    Dicko is saying all the right things.

So he missed chances when he should have scored.
    Show me a striker that hasn't?

He's not exactly experienced - and Ronaldo he ain't.
    But he's had a steady enough scoring record in this Division whenever he's started matches.

He genuinely wants to do well and disappointed he's not done better. So why laugh at him?
  • Options
    I doubt even the likes of Linekar or Shearer regarded it as ''unreal'' if they went two games without a goal. I would suggest that's why some of us find some humour in the comment ...