Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just a thought . . . .Player ratings from the STATBANK

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Apologies if it has been mentioned before.

Following on from the excellent weekly stats and player ratings that Dan produces for us, why don't we have a Charlton Life Player of the Year trophy.

I'm sure for around £100 we could purchase a decent trophy, say 100 lifers x £1. Then all those that have contributed could be entered in a draw with say 4 lifers going on the pitch at the end of the season to present to the winning player.

Maybe if more money was raised, we could do a Young Player of the Season as well.

The winning player would be chosen from the best overall ratings from the season, produced by the people that actually watch the team week in week out.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I'm glad you suggest that Al because that was something i intended doing when i started it in August, but wanted to wait to see how the season progressed and if people liked the stats format etc.

Seems so far to be something people enjoy and adds a bit of value and a different angle.
  • Options
    who is going to collect 100 x 1 coins... haha.

good idea tho Al.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]who is going to collect 100 x 1 coins... haha.

good idea tho Al.

Not me but we do have some money over from the Shirt Sponsorship.

I would check with the Club first about presenting the Trophy on the pitch.
  • Options
    dont give em to me they wont reach their destination
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]dont give em to me they wont reach their destination

Already had 7 whispers from other people saying the same thing ; - 0
  • Options
    It wouldn't bother me collecting the money if people were genuinely interested. I'm in the Liberal club before most home games, can always take a collecting bucket!
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind helping out on this:
    Know where to get Decent Trophies (Chrissy I liked the "Away Player Of The Year" trophy so much he took it with him to Wolves & we haven't seen it since.....).
    Wouldn't mind the Pound Coins either (Need them for Parking Metres......)
  • Options
    Anymore "Thoughts" on this ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Just you and me then MOG!

If you fancy a drink in the Liberal before the next home game we could organise it.
  • Options
    I think there would be interest but henry said you need to check with the club to see if the trophy presenting would be allowed. Then you got to find out costings along with the approval before then seriously asking for money.

come with a plan and then it would gather momentum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy to throw a quid in but as Curb-it says above. Get a plan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Just you and me then MOG!

If you fancy a drink in the Liberal before the next home game we could organise it.

Will do.........
    That'll show "them" !
    ;-)
  • Options
    Still up for this..........
    I'm sure (Sir) Henry doesn't mind being the Treasurer and chasing up payments...........
  • Options
    For a start the stats are fantastic, a really generous effort and a highlight on here. for a second the stats actually provide genuine insight, the player ratings that is. Enough people contribute, with wide tastes and perspectives, but built up over the season the player ratings probably provide an accurate picture of who our best players have been....maybe the supporters club would consider using this list to ascertain the player of the season.
  • Options
    Hi Guys
    I just wanted to see what constitutes each rating from 1-10
    Couldn't be bothered to start a new thread and couldn't find anything similar using search.

What constitutes each rating then?

1-
    2-
    3-
    4-
    5-
    6-
    7-
    9-
    10-
  • Options
    1- Absolutely useless; couple of gifted goals given away, and no passes to colleagues all game
    2- Awful, awful game. No effort, passion, skill; liability on pitch and cause of a defeat
    3- Very poor game, gifting passes to oppo and gave at least one goal away
    4- Poor game; badly off form, and not worth his place in the team
    5- Barely average game; some OK passing but not enough effort
    6- Average game; some good work but nothing that stood out
    7- Good game; nice contribution and contributed to the team
    8 - Excellent game, with maybe a goal, great save, or vital tackle or two.
    9- Brilliant game; more than one goal or assist, or fantastic passes/tackles/saves and basically the reason that we won
    10- I don't think I've ever given a ten, but think Mendonca at Wembley, or Deano at B'rum, or Jorge Costa at Man Utd.
  • Options
    1 - Miguel Llera at Colchester

10 - Clive Mendonca at Wembley
  • Options
    1.Your are a two footed player and your shit with both.
    2.Have you tried a non ball sport ?
    3.Please get some contact lens.
    4.Even thou you were poor today, that's good by your standards
    5.Sorry, did you play today
    6.Mr Average,
    7.Mr Reliable
    8.Mr Good
    9.The Dogs danglers
    10. Mendonca at Wembley.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

1- Absolutely useless; couple of gifted goals given away, and no passes to colleagues all game
    2- Awful, awful game. No effort, passion, skill; liability on pitch and cause of a defeat
    3- Very poor game, gifting passes to oppo and gave at least one goal away
    4- Poor game; badly off form, and not worth his place in the team
    5- Barely average game; some OK passing but not enough effort
    6- Average game; some good work but nothing that stood out
    7- Good game; nice contribution and contributed to the team
    8 - Excellent game, with maybe a goal, great save, or vital tackle or two.
    9- Brilliant game; more than one goal or assist, or fantastic passes/tackles/saves and basically the reason that we won
    10- I don't think I've ever given a ten, but think Mendonca at Wembley, or Deano at B'rum, or Jorge Costa at Man Utd.

IMO that's a fair enough yardstick.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    Ha, check the date of post LL, I did then mate.
  • Options
    I think Pedro's nailed it
  • Options

Ha, check the date of post LL, I did then mate.

yes Dan that's why I deleted my post, thanks for mentioning it
  • Options
    I start with a baseline of 6 for everyone and then add or subtract marks depending on what I've seen.
  • Options
    1- Really, really bad
    2-Really bad
    3-Bad
    4- Below average
    5- Average
    6- Better than average
    7- Pretty good
    8 - Really good
    9- Really, really good
    10- Perfect