Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton - Match Thread

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
All the usual stuff in here.

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know if this game is on online radio?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Here's a quick link for those who want to listen to the BBC Radio Kent coverage.

BBC Radio Kent
  • Options
    fantastic- thanks!
  • Options
    Another big call for Parky today, does he stick with the 442 or go back to 451? Personally I'd like to see him start with 451 and then revert to 442 if we fall behind or are not creating any chances.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Another big call for Parky today, does he stick with the 442 or go back to 451? Personally I'd like to see him start with 451 and then revert to 442 if we fall behind or are not creating any chances.

that's exactly what I expect him to do.....for me, start with the team that served us so well at the start of the season (except for Sodje who plays), but be prepared to change at half time if it ain't working or going our way
  • Options
    Last 2 league games against Gillingham away both 1-0 wins for Charlton can not see Parky changing his way of thought re tactics.Last defeat in Kent for Charlton 1928-1929 season in a league game that is.Went on to win the Div3 South that year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Another big call for Parky today, does he stick with the 442 or go back to 451? Personally I'd like to see him start with 451 and then revert to 442 if we fall behind or are not creating any chances.

I disagree!

Assuming everyone is fit I'd go with the same formation and starting line-up from last week.
  • Options
    On reflection I'd start with Semedo rather than Spring, but otherwise unchanged.
  • Options
    I'm predicting a spot of argy bargy at some point! Quite a few people here who don't look like regulars which could make for fun and games!

As for the match I want same team as finished last week in a 442 with jonjo and waggy as impact subs

coyr!!!
  • Options
    Yep, this could be a game just made for a fresh and eager Jonjo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Another big call for Parky today, does he stick with the 442 or go back to 451? Personally I'd like to see him start with 451 and then revert to 442 if we fall behind or are not creating any chances.[/quote]

I disagree!

Assuming everyone is fit I'd go with the same formation and starting line-up from last week.[/quote]

It's a tough call, but I'd like to see us with a more solid, difficult to beat formation in away games. Frustrate the hell out of teams just like they try to do when they come to the Valley! I also think we need to be less predictable in our team selections/formations to make it more difficult for the opposition to plan their tactics against us.
  • Options
    What kit will we play in today?

I presume the red tops etc as the away kit clashes with Gillingham's.
  • Options
    Listening to Radio Kent - Apparently Scally has had to have a dig in the programme notes. I so want a victory just to shut that Penfold Look-a-like up. COME ON YOU REDS
  • Options
    The team news is in and Jose Semedo replaces Matt Spring in Phil Parkinson's sole change
  • Options
    Elliot; Richardson, Youga, Dailly, Sodje; Sam, Semedo, Racon, Bailey; Burton, McLeod

Subs: Randolph, Basey, Llera, Spring, Wagstaff, Shelvey, Mooney
  • Options
    According to Twitter:

Most addicks fans still in pub it seems. Can't blame them given swirling steady drizzle
  • Options
    The team news is in and Jose Semedo replaces Matt Spring in Phil Parkinson's sole change
    As expected really. Quite a decent build up on BBC radio Kent.
  • Options
    CAFCPlayer coverage not started yet ... at least mine hasn't!
  • Options
    At the moment on the BBC Kent commentary, I suspect the CAFCTV/RADIO LONDON commentator will be the lady commentator, she is ok of course, but i'm going to stick with the Gillingham biased commentary for the start at least.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Are we all accessing commentary, or are updates needed? If i have to do updates then apologies in advance for my slowness and typos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]At the moment on the BBC Kent commentary, I suspect the CAFCTV/RADIO LONDON commentator will be the lady commentator, she is ok of course, but i'm going to stick with the Gillingham biased commentary for the start at least.

aargh, she's not that good. Will give her a try for a while (provided it comes on!), if no good will switch to BBC Kent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Are we all accessing commentary, or are updates needed? If i have to do updates then apologies in advance for my slowness and typos.

Updates please Seth!
  • Options
    Local FA Cup coverage also being flagged up on here, e.g. Dover
  • Options
    Simon Royce in goal for the Jills. He must be about 50 now!
  • Options
    It's a bit nerdy but whenever I'm listening to the match on the internet I usually open up this countdown timer thing...

Countdown timer

It helps me keep track of where we are during the match.
  • Options
    BFReds we will all pitch in I'm sure....won't we guys?
  • Options
    indeed we will, slowly and with typos like you say ;-)
  • Options
    To my 'orse
    To my 'orse
    Sayin' goodbye to my 'orse
    And as I was sayin goodbye to my 'orse
    I was sayin' goodbye to my 'orse
  • Options
    Gillingham: Royce; Fuller, Nutter, Gowling, Fry; Bentley, Weston, Lewis, Barcham; Jackson, Oli.

Subs: Julian, Maher, Miller, Yussuff, Payne, Rooney, Palmer.

Royce, Fuller & Yussuff being ex-Addicks.
  • Options
    I was there when Keefy got the goal in a 1-0, in the seventies i'm sure.