Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No better time for Q and A Mr Murray

Well its over a month now since Mr Murray stated that 7 million pound was to be injected into Charlton and the talks re the takeover had not been taken up.Since then Charlton have welcomed back Mr Varney and the results from all matches played this season have overall been acceptable.Surely with things going Charltons way can not be a better time to arrange another Q and A session with fans and bring us up to date with his thoughts on all thinga Charlton.

Comments

• Options
    Agree.
    The fans forum asked the club over 2 weeks ago for a date asap to meet with RM and to have a q+a meeting for fans but haven't had a confirmed response yet back from the club. As soon as its confirmed will advertise everywhere.
  • Options
    Glad to hear the fans forum are taking action.Just wonder if Mr Murray will be able to make a meeting and speak openly about Charlton.Keep pushing for a meeting fans forum.
  • Options
    What are the specific questions that should be asked; and that are likely to be met with a useful answer?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]What are the specific questions that should be asked; and that are likely to be met with a useful answer?

Will the pot holes in the car park get filled in?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]What are the specific questions that should be asked; and that are likely to be met with a useful answer?

Will the pot holes in the car park get filled in?
    Woah! You've gone straight in with the tough one.
  • Options
    The leak in the Covered End roof

;o)
  • Options
    The pot holes were filled in ages ago.

Richard murray doesn't usually shy away from answering any questions that come his way. Best thing is for the questions to be good ones so the fans get something out of the session. Which everytime I've heard him speak I have.
  • Options
    I also wish people would think of decent questions for ram and not ones that could be answered in a second by members of staff, not the chairman.
  • Options
    Hows this suzisausage for a question.---------------If Mr Murray still holds his current position at Charlton at the begining of next season, when will he consider Phil Parkinsons' position, given the fact that his contract is up at the end of this season.Would love this question put to Mr Murray.
  • Options
    You'll all haveto wait until he comes to Bromley in May....FACT!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Lewis Coaches

I think if we don't win promotion, he won't be at the top of many club's lists above us. If we do get promotion then the same applies as we wouldn't be a small champ side. No way a contender for prem sides imo.
  • Options
    Not Murray but Peter Varney is coming to Bromley Addicks on 10 November.

Free entry and no membership required.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I also wish people would think of decent questions for ram and not ones that could be answered in a second by members of staff, not the chairman.
    Is this some pet name?
  • Options
    Old habits die hard : - )
  • Options
    oops :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Hows this suzisausage for a question.
    If Mr Murray still holds his current position at Charlton at the begining of next season, when will he consider Phil Parkinsons' position, given the fact that his contract is up at the end of this season.Would love this question put to Mr Murray.

an excellant question but you are putting it to the same RM who'd previously told us that Parky was being replaced anyway so, whatever the answer to the above, it could/would change the next day irrespective of what he might say.
  • Options
    2-1 That question don't get asked...

7-4 He don't answer it if it is...

8-11 The meeting gets cancelled...
  • Options
    So my question has been answered,thanks for that Mr Murray.Next question WHY.........have you seemed fit to carry this out at this moment in time and what is your thinking behind it.
  • Options
    i dont like it when we give out new contracts halfway through old ones. save all that stuff for pre season. decide at the end of a season weather or not people have earned a new one.
  • Options
    Surely, I'd have thought, PP's contract extension is to engender stability throughout the club, now that the streamlined (seven man) board has settled in, as well as "reward" PP for the comparatively fine job he's doing without any real form of financial backing, from said board, by way of funds for strengthening the squad in any meaningful way.
    If, and it's a big if, any new owners were to appear who didn't want to retain PP's services, a one year extension in severance payment (or pro-rata thereof) ain't a deal breaker is it?
    More worrying is the recent results culminating in Saturday's 3-1 loss at Carlisle sees us firmly in the chasing pack to Leeds and not in a superior position as we were with the 6 game winning streak! Fortunate if we're top 4 come end November and top 6 come end December!
    Question to Murray - "What you going to do next season (re club's finances?) because we don't look likely candidates for promotion this season given current strength of overall squad. Surely it's false economy not finding funds to allocate for team strengthening this season rather than face another financial abyss next season? The Saudies are on record as saying they are looking for a potential London club even CCC level so any chance that could be a reality (assuming they have been approached?) if we gained promotion this season?