Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Feature on Charlton (Soccer Saturday)

According to the OS there will be a feature on Soccer saturday today between 2.30-3.00.

I bet there will be the predicable crap from someone on the panel about Charlton fans wanting Curbs out cos we did not get into Europe in the premiership days, bah bah bah. My bet it will come from Merson.

Comments

• Options
    Just been on - wasn't thAT bad
  • Options
    Nice to see them promoting our campaign(s), didn't expect much more time on us, used to it by now!
  • Options
    i hope dft saw it!
  • Options
    I'm not sure I get the point of that piece. Good publicity for the anti-knif campaign I guess, but that's about it.
  • Options
    Small feature for Charlton on Soccer Saturday today, it said that the Community Trust got voted best in the country and second in the world and also mentioned the Trust deals with over 10000 kids per week.
    Chris Powell said that the takeover needed to happen and that the owners tell him what players are available and he lets them know what he needs. He also said that the owners thought it was best to sell Kerm and Stevo because of contracts expiring and age.
    Jacko mentions Kerm and Stevo's loss to the team and said everybody needs to get behind the club.
    Charlton lifting the Fa Cup in 1947 gets shown and Powell says the FA Cup means a lot to him.
    The reporter filmed crouching under the dome that is covering the pitch and said that
    the ground staff had extracted 200000 litres of water from it!
  • Options
    The panel didnt agree with wots happening ie with players etc , saying CP hands are tied on the players we are bringing in , in other words players CP doesnt want , CP said its a balanced choice ?
  • Options
    I was very disappointed with what was said about us today
    Jeff Stelling and Phil Thompson were basically taking the Piss out of the way our club is being run
    And they never had all the correct information anyway
  • Options

Jeff Stelling and Phil Thompson were basically taking the Piss out of the way our club is being run

Dont like Phil Thompson much but thought Jeff Stelling (Who I really like was terrible with his stats yesterday)... Wherever he got his facts from there were four points that were completely wrong especially about RD owning two Belgian clubs / Loic Nego signed from Liege apparently / no mention of Piotr Pan and cant remember the other
  • Options
    I don't think Phil Thompson has quiet forgiven us for the chanting of .... "Big Nose!, he's got a very Big Nose, he's got a very big nose etc" every time he stepped out of the dug out.
  • Options

Well if it was any other club most of us would be taking the piss out of it

**cough Watford cough**
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In reality RD does own two Belgian clubs. Standard Leige and Sint Truiden.
  • Options
    Ownership of Sint Truiden has been transferred to his son.
  • Options
    Same as Ujpest is owned by his lady friend?

So Roland only owns Liege / Jena / Charlton / Alcorcon (just one more club than the guy who owns Watford) - Which could of course change should Liege get sold as mutted in the newspapers (something else Soccer Saturday kinda forgot)
  • Options
    Halix said:

I don't think Phil Thompson has quiet forgiven us for the chanting of .... "Big Nose!, he's got a very Big Nose, he's got a very big nose etc" every time he stepped out of the dug out.

Sit down Pinochio

Sit down Pinochio.