Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

happy for the draw

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
i know there a nothing club but we played crap and a draw was not to bad,cup final over for the till march,where you and i know we will batter them.

Comments

• Options
    Only thing is im starting to get slightly concerned about whether we have enough to get automatic promotion.

A couple of injuries (God forbid) for Racon and shelvey and our creativity is pretty non existent. We have nothing up front like for instance leeds do with beckford, millwall with harris or even gillingham do with jackson and although deon works his socks of he cant do it all himself. Whilst i dont want to bash mcleod i dont rate him and think we are severly limited in that department.

I think we had a pretty solid back five, arguable one of the best at this level but again an injury can disrupt that.

Our squad is pretty thin but hopefully that is the case at most teams in this league.

Will be delighted if we are in the same league position come february as hopefully by then we may find some sort of way to win matches like yesterday.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    wrong thread ignore
  • Options
    LOL! I'm not too happy about the draw to Gills, but the cup draw wasn't too shabby. ;-)
  • Options
    Having just watched the three mins you fet on Cafctv it looks like Elliot payed an absolutet blinder.... but saying that if Bailey had used his outside foot(left) then we could have nicked it.....

Overall looked like a draw was about right...
  • Options
    I was there and we wrer very very lucky to get the draw. Other than Eliott and good cameos from Mooney, Wagstaff, and Basey, the rest of the team were terrible. Every long ball seemed to over hit, most short balls played a Charlton player into trouble, and we seem devoid of the ability to tackle and the back could not clear the ball away most of the time. Royce in their goal only had to make one savefrom Charton all match. The own goal gave us the point.
    This lack of consistancy particular against teams playing hard ball not football is going to cost us promotion. It is all very well playing pretty football when teams sit deep and do not close you down, but they got to also do it when the boot is going in, instead of running away.