Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Izale McLeod

Can we please sell this guy in January. Utter tosh. One chance today and smacked it into row Z. Embarrassed himself and Charlton by diving and falling every time anyone went near him. Distribution woeful, almost giving a goal awayin the second half and when he was subbed off he walked the width of the pitch at 0-0! He is crap, and thick to go with it....ahy else would he keep getting booked every time he celebrates (I guess he is as shocked as everyone else he has just hit the target).

Dire and how Jonjo must feel to be sat on the bench watching that level of ineptitude I just do not know.

Comments

• Options
    I rest my case
  • Options
    wish he would piss off,waste of space
  • Options
    *Yawn*

Such a shame that Izale could not stop Jackson from scoring the equalizer...
  • Options
    yawn,off to bed you go
  • Options
    Was woeful today

Want him to do well, just not happening.
  • Options
    FFS - can't we keep all this McLeod baiting in one thread?.

Sink please.
  • Options
    better than Burton once again
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]better than Burton once again[/quote]

Strange how the almost identical shank into the main stand from Burton in the second half doesn't warrant a mention.......
  • Options
    I didn't see the game but the commentators on Radio Kent said that with the exception of one glaring miss, he had a good game today. How much of the criticism here is due to that one miss and how much is due to a perception that he played badly generally?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]better than Burton once again

Strange how the almost identical shank into the main stand from Burton in the second half doesn't warrant a mention.......

So so true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we are a point of the top for christ sake and seven points ahead of last play off place, give the players a break
  • Options
    in league one so expect to be at top.
  • Options
    again... mcleod is a dodgy one..
    if he get's a chance and he screws it, he'll chase down the ball. he always puts in 100% when given the chance.
    just the problem is that his finishing seems to be poor at the moment :\
    i think keep giving him a go until he finds a boost of confidence, then we have our man.
  • Options
    true he does try,but goals are we need from him
  • Options
    exactly. a boost of confidence is what he needs. then hopefully the goals will begin to flow :)
    mooney looked pretty promising today i thought as well. useful little loan :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]again... mcleod is a dodgy one..
    if he get's a chance and he screws it, he'll chase down the ball. he always puts in 100% when given the chance.
    just the problem is that his finishing seems to be poor at the moment :\
    i think keep giving him a go until he finds a boost of confidence, then we have our man.
    I'm not convinced. He's never, ever looked like he could be a decent finisher. Even when they take shots under no pressure in the warm ups at the home games, he misses the target when he really shouldn't be. Just not composed often enough.
  • Options
    He is todays version of Kim Grant...... a waste of time and space.
    Send him out on loan and give Dickson a chance.... surely he can't be any worse.
    Can he?
  • Options
    I wouldn't write him off but i'm not sure that he should be 'Plan A', especially away from home.
  • Options
    There's obviously a stigma about Mcleod at Charlton, so personally I'm going to take the unbiased Gillingham commentators opinion as gospel, and they said he played very well.

Scapegoat much?
  • Options
    I think hes a good bloke....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing wrong with McLeod's attitude, he's hungry and works his nuts off, gets into all the right positions.
    He makes things happen.

Okay he gets a case of the 'Lisbies' in front of goal, but of course we all know he's no Darren Bent.
    Although I didn't hear people complaining when he scored the winner last week.

He also scored the crucial goal that sealed our win against Exeter.

Without those 2 goals, we quite possibly could have drawn both those games - in that case, without McLeods goals we could arguably have 4 points less and only be in 4th position in the table.

His movement, hard running, commitment, pressurising and taking defenders out of position, creates space for team mates and causes defenders to make errors.

Parky said after the Oldham game that he put McLeod on to make runs into the heart of their defence because we were just not penetrating nor getting forward enough.

So there's Parky's answer why McLeod is playing.
  • Options
    He clearly panics when he's got time, and isn't the brightest, but Parky sees players' attitude a lot more than we do, and is delighted with his application. He's not likely to play much above this level, but this is the level we're at, and Torres might not be within our grasp just yet. Yesterday he was far more of a handful than Burton, whose nous and touch need to be accompanied again by the work-rate of early season (perhaps after the hernia op). Nolly's point was spot-on; Burton's late swing into our end was as clumsy and wasteful as McLeod's howler, but let's all just blame the scapegoat who's scored a considerable percentage of our goals for the last month. A lot of us wanted 4-4-2, at least at home. Perhaps Jonjo would've made a difference yesterday, or perhaps he'd have been bullied out of it, but we're not over-endowed with menacing forwards so surely McLeod, for all his frustrating shortcomings, merits a decent chance.
  • Options
    The simple solution with someone like Mcleod is to find a natural goalscorer to play along side him. This not only relieves him of the pressure of having to convert every chance, but also takes advantage of his ability to open up defences. It was the same problem with Lisbie, he never actually got to play alongside a natural goalscorer like D Bent.
    The question is where do we find a natural goalscorer? Perhaps we could have a look in the West country !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]I think hes a good bloke....

im a good bloke but not a good enough footballer toplay for charlton.
  • Options
    I think had Richardson not got injured early in the second half that Jonjo would have come on yesterday. As it was with a somewhat makeshift back 4 given that Youga was on the wrong side he decided to play safe. Sam would probably have come off fror Waggy earlier too but offers more support defensively to the right back than Waggy so was needed to help Kelly Youga.
  • Options
    As I said originally, the bloke is an embarrassment with his theatrics. Dives at every opportunity. Not the Charlton way IMO.

Add the fact that he will always miss 5 times more than he scores, and yes his 2 goals may have won us a couple of points but a decent finisher would have scored against Norwich & yesterday & Oldham and won us a lot more points.

And as for Burton's wayward effort, as wasteful as it was it was not comparable to the chance that McLeod had hence my lack of reference to it.
  • Options
    what ever way you look at it he is our best striker :/
  • Options
    Which everyway you look at it, the stats say that from 16 League & Cup matches that Charlton have played,
    Burton has started 14 games and scored 5 goals.

The stats also say McLeod has started 3 games and scored 3.

See ..... you can make stats mean anything you want (!)

;o)
  • Options
    I am with Oggy - I think he is good enough for us at this level

Beckford scored 34 for Leeds last year and misses a hatful of chances every game.

He has scored more goals per minute on the pitch than any other player

He didn't have his best game yesterday - that will happen. I would rather he stayed on his feet.

I wonder if everyone would have had such a downer on him had the penalty been given?
  • Options
    the reason we have a downer on him is becoz he is pony