Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WISE PULLS PLUG ON DEAL

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
THE consortium led by Dennis Wise has pulled out of its bid to buy Charlton.

The group, comprised of Middle Eastern businessmen but fronted by the former Chelsea captain and ex-Newcastle player-recruitment chief Tony Jiminez, were unhappy with a number of key details in the deal.

And a source close to the proposed buyout has confirmed to the South London Press that the takeover has collapsed, adding that former Birmingham City owners David Sullivan and David Gold are now in pole position to buy The Valley outfit.

For the full story, see Tuesday's South London Press.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Did it really need capitals?

Strange that a "source close to the buyout" Note not the club also know what other supposed bidders are doing.
  • Options
    Given that none of our bids seems able to stand up, any architectural support is surely welcome?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Given that none of our bids seems able to stand up, any architectural support is surely welcome?

LOL but just find the need to shout "look at me" every time he posts irritating. ; - (
  • Options
    oh cut him some slack.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    nathan no need for that.
  • Options
    and u aint !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]nathan no need for that.

Shall I dig out the whole like 500 odd threads he made about the takeover on Addickted, every one had a different story about it every day
  • Options
    Pipe down nathan
  • Options
    knickers and twist come to mind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simmer down mate, most of us know very little about what's going on inside the club so lets just listen to what people have to say and make up our own minds rather than mindless abuse for no apparent reason!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info bexleyboy...if it proves to be as accurate as all your other posts re 'the takeover saga' it will be about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.
  • Options
    he was spotted in dubai yesterday.....omg 2+2 = 2509
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Did it really need capitals?

Henry, no where near as informed as you are so any info is good, or educate me please. Not sure about his history but guess Nathan does.
  • Options
    i heard it collapsed because they were reading this board and didn't like our views.
  • Options
    GOOD..

:)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Thanks for the info bexleyboy...if it proves to be as accurate as all your other posts re 'the takeover saga' it will be about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.[/quote]

and yours on the other thread soundas telling us it would happen on certain dates !!!
  • Options
    I doubt there was an actual plug to pull, but if there was one I would like to know why it collapsed.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, wrong thread, hence deleted.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Thanks for the info bexleyboy...if it proves to be as accurate as all your other posts re 'the takeover saga' it will be about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

and yours on the other thread soundas telling us it would happen on certain dates !!!

I gave a date? I don't think so Steve....I, like scores of others came up with the name of an organisation who was showing an interest at one stage.... Magners from Ireland.....who evidently did 'sniff around' for a bit, but I never gave a date.
    If you can show me where I did....other than for an obviously silly joke, which would have been obvious to all (which I just may have done), I honestly can't remember....I genuinely don't know what you mean....can you find it for me Steve?
  • Options
    A takeover WILL happen one day, a consortium will complete it and it will be reported officially and it will happen on a day with day in the day. Until then......
  • Options
    Sooner rather than later, but none of the suspects recently reported.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Sooner rather than later, but none of the suspects recently reported.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear Chirpy.........................................have we been here before or what?!!?
  • Options
    Whether true or not. Don't know. SLP not known for accurate articles. Most are simply an attempt at selling newspapers. Anyway IF it was true I'm glad Wise hasn't the opportunity put the final nail in the coffin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Sooner rather than later, but none of the suspects recently reported.
    Smells like someone is on the wind-up again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Thanks for the info bexleyboy...if it proves to be as accurate as all your other posts re 'the takeover saga' it will be about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

I gave a date? I don't think so Steve....I, like scores of others came up with the name of an organisation who was showing an interest at one stage.... Magners from Ireland.....who evidently did 'sniff around' for a bit, but I never gave a date.

I heard when it came down to De Cider we didnt cut it!
  • Options
    The day I believe anything in that Millwall loving rag is the day that I become a Millwall supporter (i.e never) the only truth they print regarding us is the scores of our games. I wrote to them years ago asking why they were so biased to a small nothing club like Millwall. At the time we were gunning for promotion, Wimbledon existed and Palace were in the top flight (told you it was a long time ago) and all they were worried about was Millwall, the fact that most of their fans can't read hence the small SLP circulation didn't seem to occur to their pea brained editor who insisted that the bias was nothing but a by-product of my imagination!