Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Where the hell is Northwich Victoria?"...

... were the words that popped out of Dad's mouth as the FA cup 1st round draw went on this afternoon. I have to admit, I had absolutely no idea myself so I googled it.

Cheshire, off the M6 on the way to Rucorn seems to be the answer.

Ahhhh! There it is!

Being a lover of the FA cup this is something of a dream tie for me.. anyone else thinking of going?

Comments

• Options
    Me!

I think we've got a chance this year of winning it. (the first round tie that is!)

:-)
  • Options
    I'm thinking of staying over with some friends in Sheffield, only about 50 miles from there.
  • Options
    deffo goin
  • Options
    Well, that's three of us.. only another 450 odd tickets to sell!
  • Options
    Definitely going, only 1h 30 and 1 change at Stockport from me in Sheffield, no excuse not to
  • Options
    Seen them a few times over the years at Welling.

Always thought it was a great name !
  • Options
    Like AFKA I have seen them many times years ago when they used to play Maidstone. Not sure now, but they always used to be a good little club well run.
  • Options
    Yes - if I can get a ticket????????????????
  • Options
    I can't get down to Southampton for the JPT game, Carlisle is do really doable either so this is the only chance I'll get to see us before November 14th.
  • Options
    Want to go, not Valley Gold, and only been away to Orient so far, will be hoping that i can get two tickets, one for me and one for my son....but others may deserve it more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    could well be televised..........but in any case I think I'll probably be there.
  • Options
    Im at uni in liverpool so very much likely il be there :)
  • Options
    Hopefully I'll be going....if my chauffeur(s) agree .
  • Options
    Seth- if you are in need of a more loyal supporters numbers then mine are available for this one :-p
  • Options
    I said on the other post that I don't think this game will be live as only 1 is shown live by ITV and no one else picked up the rights from Sultana.
  • Options
    5 years ago maybe but to be honest I am grateful for a week off.
  • Options
    Been there to watch Welling.

They used to have the oldest football ground ever. Ever, ever, ever ....

Play in Green and White and it will be wind swept, long grass and big burley Northerners ...
  • Options
    And thats just the women.............
  • Options
    Thy've been in Admin for a while and hope this will help them get out of it...
  • Options
    100% going to this one. Am looking forward to it. Anyone know if there will be coaches going from charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I can get a ticket I am there with bells on
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tricky[/cite]If I can get a ticket I am there with bells on

You going dressed as a Morris-Dancer ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]I said on the other post that I don't think this game will be live as only 1 is shown live by ITV and no one else picked up the rights from Sultana.

Why not? It's one of the most attractive ties - got potential giant-killing written all over it....
  • Options
    My mother's family came from a little villlage outside Northwich and i used to spend 4 weeks or so a year as a kid and they'd have been one of the first teams I saw live.. :-)

Many moons ago!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    English Wich towns
    Wich and wych are names used to denote brine springs or wells in England. Originally derived from the Latin vicus, meaning place, by the 11th century use of the 'wich' suffix in placenames was associated with towns with salt production.

Several English places carry the suffix and are historically related to salt, including the four Cheshire 'wiches' of Middlewich, Nantwich, Northwich and Leftwich (a small village south of Northwich), and Droitwich in Worcestershire. Middlewich, Nantwich, Northwich and Droitwich are known as the Domesday Wiches due to their mention in the Domesday Book, "an indication of the significance of the salt-working towns in the economy of the region, and indeed of the country.
  • Options
    Apparantly it's between us, Colchester & Norwich (hardly suprising) but 2 out of 3 will be chosen.

Fact.
  • Options
    Know the area well. Lovely part of the uk.
  • Options
    With a bit of luck our game won't be televised and the Bromley one will be, then I can go to both.
  • Options
    Would love to go - should be an interesting ground.
  • Options
    Paulton-Norwich will defo be televised. If there is a second game I hope it's us, for Northwich's financial sake. Also if it's televised there's more chance of me being able to get a ticket. I imagine a couple of thousand Charlton will want to go to this one, and I believe our allocation will only be 650-odd (15% of 4,500 capacity if I understand the rules correctly).