Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All square in Kent derby

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
from the O/S

There was late drama at the krbs Priestfield Stadium on Saturday as the first Kent league derby in 28 years ended all square

FFS SE7 is LONDON

We are a London side we are not Kent

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure this has been discussed yet.
  • Options
    Well I expected Jills fans and Scally to take the bait, not Charlton though.

Well done the O/S
  • Options
    When we play Smallwall of The Hamsters it's reported as an East London Derby....tsk tsk
  • Options
    It's correct we lie in the historical borough of Kent... Is that a submarine or a large torpedo off the starboard bow?
  • Options
    Yes, Leftbehind, SE7 is in London.

And Kent.

Aft tubes loaded, Kapitan.
  • Options
    When it comes to cricket...SE7 is in Kent, footballing wise we are a south London team.
  • Options
    We're very much South East London.

Prolly just a wind-up for our mate Scally.
  • Options
    If so, I bet it works!

That man's chain is easily yanked, it seems.
  • Options
    you lot and sinking

Obsessed comes to mind
  • Options
    This has been done to death and it's surprising that some Lifers still seem to want to agree with Scally that we are not a Kent team.

We are both a Kent and a London team. In fact, we are a metropolitan Kent team.

In rugby's Kent Metropolitan League, you've got teams from Blackheath,Brockley, Greenwich, Eltham, Shooters Hill and Charlton Park. All are locations in the historic county boundary of Kent and all now have SE post codes.

I'm afraid Scally and the other Kent deniers cannot undo centuries of history.

And if the OS says it was a Kent derby, then that is surely conclusive!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i feel great shame looking at headlines regarding a kent derby,nothing of the sort.
  • Options
    ''Shame'' ??? What on earth are you talking about Nolly?
  • Options
    what i mean is that i see charlton as having a bit about them,history and relative success,and find any derby with a club miles and miles down the road who mean zilch a tad shameful mate. i sometimes think people want to deflect us away from our real rilvals millwall,charlton gillingham is like man united hating stockport.
  • Options
    ''gillingham is like man united hating stockport.''

Our last two games (indeed, our only games in 29 years) against the Gills have seen them knock us out of the FA cup and get a league draw in which we were lucky to get away with a point. Not sure Stockport have got that sort of record against Man U!
  • Options
    what is the overall record?
  • Options
    Dunno without looking it up. But the last time we beat them was 1980!
  • Options
    13 wins to there 4, ratio of over 3 to 1,stockport 7 wins to man u 10 .
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In a way, Nolly, I know what you are saying. Although we started out with them in the Southern League and then the Third Div South 90 years ago, we've actually not played them very often. I think in the last 75 years, we've only spent something like five seasons in the same division.

This probably explains both views towards them.

The avowedly London contingent, such as yourself, see a game v the Gills as a non-event, because there is such a limited history of on-field rivalry, as we've simply not met them very often.

Conversely , those of us with Kentish blood coursing through our veins see it as a big game BECAUSE it happens so rarely.

I've seen it called the Kent derby and the A2 derby. Surprised nobody has refered to it as the KRBS derby as we also share a sponsor !

Finally, BTW, it's astonishing how many teams we're playing this season who constituted our first opponents back in 1921/2 in the inaugural year of the 3rd Div South - not just the Gills but Brentford, Brighton, Bristol R, Exeter, Millwall, Norwich, Soton, Southend, Swindon. That's half the entire current division. La plus ca change...
  • Options
    Finally, BTW, it's astonishing how many teams we're playing this season who constituted our first opponents back in 1921/2 in the inaugural year of the 3rd Div South - not just the Gills but Brentford, Brighton, Bristol R, Exeter, Millwall, Norwich, Soton, Southend, Swindon. That's half the entire current division. La plus ca change...

Interesting ... and you beat Colin Cameron in revealing it ;-)
  • Options
    I thought Welling v Gillingham was more of a derby?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Nevermind if it was a kent/london derby, according to these dirty palace bastards it was a pikey derby

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=186448

Amazing how much the orange blinds these from the truth
  • Options
    Their derby is Brighton, what does that make it then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Their derby is Brighton, what does that make it then?

Not sure how to respond to that without looking extremely childish. think i'll just chuckle to myself
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Their derby is Brighton, what does that make it then?

gay