Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

weather in Australia

2»

Comments

• Options
    just seen this. we're going next xmas and new year for the ashes, boxing day melbourne and new year in sydney and then home via a picturesque luxurious hotel somewhere/anywhere for 3/4 days for R&R in the heat
  • Options
    its getting hot here now..... 24 yesterday, bit muggy today..... but the summer is defianteely on its way!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]just seen this. we're going next xmas and new year for the ashes, boxing day melbourne and new year in sydney and then home via a picturesque luxurious hotel somewhere/anywhere for 3/4 days for R&R in the heat

Suzi, if you have the funds try the below ... we went there a few years ago, totally brilliant in every way!

heron island
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]just seen this. we're going next xmas and new year for the ashes, boxing day melbourne and new year in sydney and then home via a picturesque luxurious hotel somewhere/anywhere for 3/4 days for R&R in the heat

Suzi, if you have the funds try the below ... we went there a few years ago, totally brilliant in every way!

heron island

or Hamilton Island is very nice. Peaceful, nice pools, beaches, and some nice restaurants on the Quay. Makes the GBR very accessible and a trip out to Whitehaven Beach is not to be missed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]I reckon the Sunshine Coast takes some beating. Never gets below 14, or much above 33 degrees during the day. Fantastic beaches, beautiful hinterland uncrouded and unspoilt. Blue sky and sunny days much of the time with Sept, Oct my favorite months. I like to visit Sydney and Melbourne but could never live there, far too busy too much traffic etc. Can't stand being stuck in traffic anymore! To be honest Melbourne has now got so busy I don't see any advantage to living there rather than London. Noosa and Byron are my two favourite places in Oz, with Noosa only 20 mins north and Byron 3 hours drive south.

Hi QA
    We're foregoing the pleasures of Boxing Day football and our epic progression to the latter rounds of the FA Cup to visit Oz for the first time. Its quite a busy schedule but we have a chill-out week in Mooloolaba. I'm guessing you know the area very well - have you got any recommendations ?

BTW Suzi, do lots of homework if you are arranging accommodation in Sydney at new year. Prices go right up - and I mean 4 to 8 times the normal - for the 3/4 NY days.
  • Options
    Suz, give me a shout a bit nearer the time, and I'll sort out some recommendations for you.....Best place on the planet on new years eve, bar none. We should be over there next Xmas, so we'd be happy to give you the grand tour of the northern beaches.