Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English Whiskey

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Chile that produces the best wine in all but the most unaffordable categories.
    Good Christ.

There's probably a market for English battery fluid after all. Particularly if they have a geezer that used to work north of the border.
  • Options
    For some people on here its not the whiskey flavour/taste its the fact it has ENGLISH on the label.
  • Options
    Just opened a bottle of Ledaig single malt from Isle Of Mull. It has a smoky peat flavour which OK for those who like bonfires at this time of the year but the lowland single malts have a much better taste IMO. I think I'll save the Ledaig for the xmas pud.
  • Options
    I have never really enjoyed whiskey or whisky but I went the Bushmills distillery on Friday and now have a taste for it. English whiskey doesn't have the same appeal...yet.
  • Options
    I like Thai whisky, at about 4 quid a bottle i Love Thai whisky.
  • Options
    Whisky Mile, top of Shaftsbury Avenue had some English Whisky in their window. I will buy a bottle to try. It cant be worse than the Indian stuff I bought in Goa for about £1.20 a bottle.
  • Options
    This stuff has been all over the BBC this morning. TV News had a report, Radio Five Live had a feature,

Has the Beeb got shares?
  • Options
    We visited the Penderyn distillery two weeks ago in South Wales, a very nice whisky indeed
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]We visited the Penderyn distillery two weeks ago in South Wales, a very nice whisky indeed

mmmmmm oh yes. Especially the "peated" version. Mind you they do have a single cask special for a mere £256 a bottle.

Penderyn Distillery
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I preferred the Madeira casked, peat one had a hint of Laphroig which I dislike