Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fireworks advice on what to buy.

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]There's a few places that sell them all year round - they are the best bet.

I always remember about 20 years my dad bought a beast of one called "The Land Mine". The instructions were to bury it (fully submerged) 6 inches deep and only a small tube at the top and the fuse were visible.

The whole family gathered around for the magnificence.

There then followed a 30 second pause followed by the loudest noise i've ever heard. Within seconds we were covered in mud and dirt.
    The firework was, by all accounts, merely a landmine.

Good times!

Some of the ones let off on NYE on Chaweng Beach Koh Samui were scary.
    They were the size of rolled up carpets, just twisted into the sand and lit.
    Huge explosions.
  • Options
    A waste of money Clem may be but we begged my dad every year for fireworks and those nights were some of my happiest childhood memories i have.
  • Options
    as a kid was a big thing making the guy with my dads old clothes. building the fire over a few weeks. Some of the family always being over. Spuds and sausages and cheast nuts in the the fire ---- a BBQ before had even herd of 1. The smell in the air when you went out early next day.

Now i stand on one leg on the PC table and get a view out the window of the Blackheath display---- but as Curb-it says some happy memories of Guy Fawkes night past.
  • Options
    I just object to private displays every night the 3 weeks either side of the day, its like living through the blitz sometimes, seems a bit quieter this year tho. Public displays are ok, but done them alot and now prefer the family over type thing
  • Options
    Can you kids try to let the bloody things off between 7 -8? So that I dont have to spend the whole bloody night pulling my dog off the ceiling. Hope it rains :-)
  • Options
    done, apparently there are 3-4 nights a year you are allowed to set them off later..
  • Options
    Right

http://www.marspyrotechnics.com/rockets.html

The cakes (multi-shot things) are brilliant especially mother of all bombs, with some of those rockets you will need to inform air-traffic control you are using them!!

The Tomahawk was a particular favourite of mine 2 years ago.

A few years ago I was at a party over one of my mates places having a bonfire and letting a few rockets off and one of the gents there was back from barracks on leave. We were all standing up the top of the garden by the house and Tony lobbed this thing he had made down the bottom of the garden, seconds later BA-BOOOM and there was turf on the roof of his house all over us, one of the lads looked like the doc from back to the future all his hair all over the place! The next day there was a crater where this thing had gone off the size of a septic tank!

Turns out he had made it from plastic explosives and various other things he got his mitts on in Aldershot. Nutter!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Right

http://www.marspyrotechnics.com/rockets.html

The cakes (multi-shot things) are brilliant especially mother of all bombs, with some of those rockets you will need to inform air-traffic control you are using them!!

The Tomahawk was a particular favourite of mine 2 years ago.

A few years ago I was at a party over one of my mates places having a bonfire and letting a few rockets off and one of the gents there was back from barracks on leave. We were all standing up the top of the garden by the house and Tony lobbed this thing he had made down the bottom of the garden, seconds later BA-BOOOM and there was turf on the roof of his house all over us, one of the lads looked like the doc from back to the future all his hair all over the place! The next day there was a crater where this thing had gone off the size of a septic tank!

Turns out he had made it from plastic explosives and various other things he got his mitts on in Aldershot. Nutter!

Thank goodness I do not live next to you. I would need to give the pets, and most prob the Misses, a General Anesthetic prior to you letting that lot off .............
  • Options
    We let them off the roof of the pub. When we did them new years eve a few years ago I was underneath the flat roof DJ'ing and I honestly thought we were being shelled!

I wholeheartedly agree that fireworks are for Guy Fawkes night, that one night, not all of October & November, the stench of cordite round my house got daft last year. And lasted a weekend!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]My mate bought a TNT warrior for 90 quid last week.. fairly safe and easy to use. Lit the end and away it went. lasted a few minutes. luckily a few of us chipped in.

suzi where you going beforehand on saturday? i might wander up to British Oak and go from there as blackheath is always so busy.

nowhere really, we'll walk from ours probably up towards hare and billet but with drinks already so won't have to go into a pub. then maybe walk to greenwich after the display or maybe walk back towards home and drink anywhere but blackheath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]My mate bought a TNT warrior for 90 quid last week.. fairly safe and easy to use. Lit the end and away it went. lasted a few minutes. luckily a few of us chipped in.

suzi where you going beforehand on saturday? i might wander up to British Oak and go from there as blackheath is always so busy.

nowhere really, we'll walk from ours probably up towards hare and billet but with drinks already so won't have to go into a pub. then maybe walk to greenwich after the display or maybe walk back towards home and drink anywhere but blackheath.
    Will the pubs be packed?