Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Charlton Athletic Survey

I don't know who else got this today in their in-boxes?

The blurb starts:

Your Chance To Win...

Charlton Athletic Football Club strongly value your support and believe this relationship is two-way. Therefore, we would like to give you, our fans, the opportunity to express your views and opinions towards official and unofficial club websites.

You have been randomly selected from the Charlton Athletic Football Club's official club database to take part in this survey. It is easy to complete and also gives you the opportunity to win 2 tickets to the Carling Cup Final played at Wembley.

Ok..it looks legit so I proceeded to the first question: "From the following list, which is the main club you support?"

From the drop down menu I'm given a choice of every league club, all that is bar Charlton Athletic...

Comments

• Options
    I had one of those

Usual bollocks, filled it in anyway.
    Probably going to get hundreds more now.
    Hopefully they will be littering my parents house with junk mail too, accidentally put their address lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    Ok..it looks legit so I proceeded to the first question: "From the following list, which is the main club you support?"

From the drop down menu I'm given a choice of every league club, all that is bar Charlton Athletic...

ha, quality !
  • Options
    I received this survey too. I did take part and I presume that the fact that Charlton were not named in the drop down is that they knew we are users of the Charlton OS. The questions would probably be quite useful if the OS is thinking of becoming more interactive.
  • Options
    Hubby got one and at first thought it was a hoax as CAFC was missing. But we both completed it anyway to double our chances of winning the Carling Cup Final tickets! Probably do it again tomorrow.
  • Options
    Yes, me too.I took the "None of These" option and it them asked me "How many times per week do you visit the None of these website! I think it's a trick question.....
  • Options
    Also received it ... was a bit strange that Charlton not in dropdown box but did it anyway.
  • Options
    So did I, they are probably wondering what team all these people who clicked other support
  • Options
    I am investigating this, as the survey wasn't issued by the club, to my knowledge.

My best guess is that the survey was sent out by Football League Interactive/Perform - which would mean that everyone who receives it would have been a subscriber/currently subscribes to CAFC Player?

That could explain why Charlton is missing from the dropdown menu. As we haven't fully signed up to the Football League websites, and just have an ancilliary video website using their system, we generally get left off everything. I note Leeds, who are also independent of the FLi sites, are missing as well.

MW
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Matt_Wright[/cite]I am investigating this, as the survey wasn't issued by the club, to my knowledge.

My best guess is that the survey was sent out by Football League Interactive/Perform - which would mean that everyone who receives it would have been a subscriber/currently subscribes to CAFC Player?

That could explain why Charlton is missing from the dropdown menu. As we haven't fully signed up to the Football League websites, and just have an ancilliary video website using their system, we generally get left off everything. I note Leeds, who are also independent of the FLi sites, are missing as well.

MW

Dear M............

Your Chance To Win...

Charlton Athletic Football Club strongly value your support and believe this relationship is two-way. Therefore, we would like to give you, our fans, the opportunity to express your views and opinions towards official and unofficial club websites.

You have been randomly selected from the Charlton Athletic Football Club's official club database to take part in this survey. It is easy to complete and also gives you the opportunity to win 2 tickets to the Carling Cup Final played at Wembley.

The survey will only take a few minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by 12pm on Sunday the 8th November to ensure entry into the prize draw. To complete the survey, simply follow the instructions and read each question carefully before answering.

Def. gives the impression it's from CAFC
  • Options
    I am not and never have been a CAFC player subscriber, but regularly vist the OS.