Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Need help with this question QUICK!

Can anyone remember the name of the massive flume park/center in Dartford in the late 80's?
It was on top a hill you could see it from the A2!

I heard it had to be knocked down due to it sinking?

I had some great nights in there as a teenager!!

Comments

• seven seas?
  • edited October 2009
    Fantaseas

Mind Blower; Cyclone; Double Dipper; Nightmare; Doom Tube and Wipeout.

Built in 1989; financially went "down the tubes" (ahem), until falling into liquidation (ahem) after eighteen months, with debts of £6m.
  • Built on a refuse site, and no doubt had dodgy foundations anyway.
  • It sank - literally!

Fantaseas - They had another one in Watford.
  • edited October 2009
    Cheers fellas

I knew I could count on you lifers!!!
  • Went to the site in about 2001 on a little walk as I lived just down the road. The bottom of the pool was still there - tiles just laying in the middle of a great field.
  • I did work experience with the police and they confirmed the story about running out of money wasn't true - the place was actually sinking courtesy of it's previous existence as a dump

shame - I loved it there!
  • I can remember the lazy river and a slide that just went straight down, like a death drop into a plunge pool. Also the Bermuda Triangle and the Black flume. I believe some of the stuff, as mentioned above, is still at the site... tiles etc

Here it is:
    8925_158210582601_721297601_2794275_6737733_n.jpg
  • How quick do you need the answer.......?
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]How quick do you need the answer.......?
    ;-)[/quote]

LOL

I was talking to someone about it last night and you know when its on the tip of your tounge but you can't remember?
  • I remember that river that went outside even though it would be freezing the water was boiling!!

Also remember getting in those hoops and going down 4 or 5 levels.

Good times!!

If they had something like that now they would make a killing???
  • [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Can anyone remember the name of the massive flume park/center in Dartford in the late 80's?
    It was on top a hill you could see it from the A2!

I heard it had to be knocked down due to it sinking?

I had some great nights in there as a teenager!!

Fantaseas , I'm sure of it