Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What to do in Greenwich?

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Got a couple of hours ti kill this afternoon with wifey so I'm wondering what we should get up to!

Thinking a stroll in the park followed by a nice lunch somewhere but open to suggestions if there is something else that comes highly recommended

cheers all

Comments

• Walk in park up to the old observatory and go to Wolfes statue-- one ofthe best veiws of London anywhere.
  • If you have a youngster with you, you can visit the British Music Experience at the Dome, one youngster gets in free with an adult paying £15 this week.
  • The Queen's house is good.

The Market if you like that sort of thing.

Walk through the College or along the river front.

Walk under the river to the Isle of Dogs through Brunel's tunnel.
  • Swisdom, get up to the heath for a breafast roll. Highly recommended, thousands of tipper drivers cant be wrong. She'll love you for it!! :)

If you dont fancy that, there's a little Italian place in the village which does a great bit of scoff. (I'll try and find out the name)
  • pop down the train station and drop some acid.....
  • If you want something light and easy for lunch, head to Buenos Aires on Royal Hill.

Then have a walk through the park and then head into the Plume of Feathers on Park Vista for a couple of beers..
  • white bait dinner at the Trafalgar tavern looking over the river.
  • The theatre and see Dr. Faustas!! It's quality
  • edited October 2009
    Noodle Time on the one-way is very child-friendly, and you can try to teach them how to use chop-sticks, very cheap and loads of it. Take them down the foot-tunnell so they can stand under the Thames, and is Francis Chichester's boat is still on the dockside there? The chapel in the College has a fantastic mural ceiling.
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

If you dont fancy that, there's a little Italian place in the village which does a great bit of scoff. (I'll try and find out the name)

Da Vito's. Really friendly and great food. Opposite Cafe Rouge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice fare in the Trafalgar as Henry mentions above, the Admiral Hardy is a nice boozer as well
  • Why not head to the Wetherspoons and have 10 Large Vodka and Redbull's each?
  • Thanks all - I'm torn between jumping on a scenic tour boat thingy up the Thames or a stroll i nthe park with a nice meal afterwards.

No little one with us today - she's at nursery. We are treating it like a "date" as it's rare we get some time together.

Then an evening at Colchester Zoo for halloween fright night mirth and merriment!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Walk under the river to the Isle of Dogs through Brunel's tunnel.
    Make the most of this - it's about to get closed for ages (I think I read it is 9 months) for a re-furb. Stupdly, Greenwich Council are also shutting the Woolwich foot tunnel for a re-furb at the same time!
  • [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Da Vito's. Really friendly and great food. Opposite Cafe Rouge.

Thanks for that, still couldn't remember :(
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Walk under the river to the Isle of Dogs through Brunel's tunnel.

i thought his tunnel is the east london line linking rotherhithe to wapping.
  • Accordint ot Wiki it was Sir Alexander Binnie who designed it. There's loads of unused tunnels under the thames it'd be no surprise if he did a few of them.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Walk under the river to the Isle of Dogs through Brunel's tunnel.

i thought his tunnel is the east london line linking rotherhithe to wapping.
    It is & was actually known as the Thames Tunnel. It was built by Marc Brunel (Isambard's father).
    Ok, so I'm a geek & went on a tour once ;o)
  • Went for a walk in the park down the hill a week or so with the Mrs...... great views and it was quiet for a weekend.

So many bars/pubs to choose from but went to the Spanish place in the high street, good value set lunch, and the staff were friendly.
    The market is still good for a stroll as well..... parked at the top of the hill

The park is one of my favourite places