Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Solution to the Stand Up / Sit Down debate

Its simple.

We ditch the gormless stewards, and hire a team of professional ushers. "Would you like to sit madam ?, follow me to the front dear" "Sir, do you wish to stand and undertake a session of coarseness ?, follow me to the back sir"

they could even sell ice creams at half time.

splendid.

friends-of-the-alabama.jpg

Comments

• Options
    it's not big or funny to make light of what is a very serious issue.
  • Options
    V.good Danny.
  • Options
    That usher looks like a young Ketman!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] you're not big or funny to make light of what is a very serious issue.

Getting a bit personal there about AFKA aren't we.

We can't all be normal height or weight like me you know : - )
  • Options
    Survey season ticket holders over 3 seasons.

Question on the season ticket renewal form "Do you wish to stand or sit?"

When they gauge the numbers that wish to stand they can allocate them to the back of the covered end for example and provide a safe standing area as they do in Germany and other such sensible countries that choose to treat football fans as sensible adults responsible and capable of making their own well informed decisions.

Same with away tickets...when you purchase your away ticket with your red card number the system will show from the above information if you sit or stand and your ticket will be allocated accordingly.

Too logical and too straightforward to ever happen and it would mean there would be nothing for us to argue about so i cant see it happenning any time soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Survey season ticket holders over 3 seasons.

When they gauge the numbers that wish to stand they can allocate them to the back of the covered end for example and provide a safe standing area as they do in Germany and other such sensible countries that choose to treat football fans as sensible adults responsible and capable of making their own well informed decisions.

Same with away tickets...when you purchase your away ticket with your red card number the system will show from the above information if you sit or stand and your ticket will be allocated accordingly.

Too logical and too straightforward to ever happen and it would mean there would be nothing for us to argue about so i cant see it happenning any time soon.

So basically we put a question to our fans along the lines of "Do you wish to break the law or not?". Can't see it catching on myself...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Survey season ticket holders over 3 seasons.

So basically we put a question to our fans along the lines of "Do you wish to break the law or not?". Can't see it catching on myself...

No that was my point about Germany...change the legislation. Ok the knee jerk reaction after hillsborough may have meant things werent thought out fully. Anyone of us a gills on saturday or anyone who has seen man utd at the valley is aware that standing, legal or not, happens and that the legislation has not worked.

So why not compromise and bring in safe standing (key to avoid hillsborough type tragedies) like they do elsewhere with minimal problems.

I stand up at away games and do if im at back of covered end as i prefer it but In the limbo state as it is at present with all seater stadiums it is arguably worse now than before when people could stand.

Really cant see the problem with having standing areas and then everyone is happy.
  • Options
    did no one look at the category this has been put in other?
  • Options
    Did someone mention the adams family song?
  • Options
    Kent Derby?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just ask when selling tickets do you prefer to sit or stand? Sit at the front stand towards the back sorted
  • Options
    At The Valley its pretty much impossible for a row of grown men above the height of 5.8 and weighing more than 11 stone to sit down together.