Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle v Charlton Match Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bangkok Dave[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]I can't understand how people can be optimistic after the way we've played since the Colchester game.[/quote]

because we are second and have lost only twice this season......[/quote]

Yes, and we used to be in the Premiership as well. You can't live on past glories, you have to perform in every game and keep the momentum going. We have been poor for weeks and are getting worse.
  • Options
    The Second Half:
    47:54 Shot from 12 yards from Lloyd Sam. Danny Livesey gets a block in.
    51:35 Shot by Kelly Youga from 30 yards. Comfortable save by Leonard Pidgeley.
    75:08 Shot by Therry Racon from 18 yards. Leonard Pidgeley makes a save.
    77:27 Grant Basey delivers the ball, Headed effort from inside the area by David Mooney misses to the right of the goal.
    78:08 Foul by Tom Taiwo on David Mooney, free kick awarded. Jonjo Shelvey shoots direct from the free kick, save made by Leonard Pidgeley.
    85:01 Shot from a long way out by Deon Burton goes wide of the left-hand upright.
    Must try harder 4/10.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Bangkok Dave[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]I can't understand how people can be optimistic after the way we've played since the Colchester game.[/quote]

because we are second and have lost only twice this season......[/quote]

Yes, and we used to be in the Premiership as well. You can't live on past glories, you have to perform in every game and keep the momentum going. We have been poor for weeks and are getting worse.[/quote]

How is our current position living on past glories?

I'm not sure you are correct you shuld perform in every game but you certainly don't have to. Every team will go through bad patches. We are going through ours, playing poorly and yet.....are still in the promotion places. That cannot be a bad thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkok Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkok Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]I can't understand how people can be optimistic after the way we've played since the Colchester game.

because we are second and have lost only twice this season......

Yes, and we used to be in the Premiership as well. You can't live on past glories, you have to perform in every game and keep the momentum going. We have been poor for weeks and are getting worse.

How is our current position living on past glories?

Because our current position is due to past results in August and September. Make a league table based on October - if you dare.
  • Options
    October:

Won 1 Drew 3 Lost 1
  • Options
    But that is not how the league works is it? Our position today is second. I'm happy with that. In your mindset we could win the league by 10 points but lose the two games in may and then the may league table puts us bottom, it doesn't make sense. A few results don't make a season, it all goes together, and our says played 15, lost 2 and in second place. Thats a good start to the season
  • Options
    Season 2009/10

Won 8 Drew 5 Lost 2
    Position 2nd
  • Options
    in league one.nothing but expected
  • Options
    We're not very good against CUFCs.
  • Options
    as long as the phrase 'we're still 2nd' applies at the end of the season, that'll do for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but it wont just like at least were still fifth didnt last
  • Options
    Oggy noted : ''October: Won 1 Drew 3 Lost 1.''

Which conveniently leaves out the defeat at Colchester on Sept 29. But even so, equals nine points dropped out of 15. Remind me how many points Millwall got in October? On the morning of Oct 17, they were tenth. Look how closely they are breathing down our necks tonight. As are others.

Yes August was great with five wins. September was OK with two wins. October with just a solitary victory has been poor.

Not sure what the point is of pretending it was anything else...
  • Options
    not at game today what a touch stiill think this team is lightweightt and lacks arsehole and our forwards are shite.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]not at game today what a touch stiill think this team is lightweightt and lacks arsehole and our forwards are shite.

'Our team lacks arsehole': not quite how I'd put it. get your basic drift though.

By the way, Oggy, wake up.
  • Options
    lacks character thats for sure.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]lacks character thats for sure.[/quote]

we lack arsehole so does the manager we also lack finance we lack a forward who can score goals i said this would happen and unless we sort it lively we are gonna be in shite.
  • Options
    How can you 'lack arsehole?'