Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're 18th in the league

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Salad drily noted : ''Bristol Rovers have lost all five games in October.

Job done Chris, please get the train to Milton Keynes now.''

Nice one, Salad - so those who reckoned Dickson was our secret weapon were right after all !

Perhaps we could send him round all our play-off rivals and he can kill off their chances one by one. After November at MK, December at Colchester and January at Millwall?

haha Nigel thats not a bad i dea then get him back to us before the end of March and hope he starts banging them in.
  • Options
    Have a look at your own link now Jimmy. Feeling better?

Surely by your own reckoning as the form team the only way is up and we are now going to win the league, aren't we?

As for me, I still say the table at the end of the season is the one that counts.
  • Options
    man we are very good....

Im feeling very good at the mo...
  • Options
    lol off it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]1. Have a look at your own link now Jimmy. Feeling better?

2. Surely by your own reckoning as the form team the only way is up and we are now going to win the league, aren't we?

3. As for me, I still say the table at the end of the season is the one that counts.

1. Much better, thanks

2. Why not? If we keep playing like this and getting these kind of results then yes, we will win the league. That is certain unless Leeds win every game. That's the point of a current form table - it shows you where you're heading if you keep up what you've done recently.

3. I never said it wasn't.

I think you and other people get the wrong end of the stick sometimes. I was saying back on Oct 31st that we needed to improve and we have done. If people hadn't looked at it that way and did nothing (as you would have done) then we would now be below 6th place as I predicted. Thankfully the management and players saw this too (perhaps listening to Parky saying similar things to me) and pulled their socks up.

You may laugh at me but I laugh at your complacency.
  • Options
    Unbelievable. You get proven to be wrong with your assertions that we wouldn't even be in a play-off position - let alone 6 points clear of 3rd place - and then seem to be claiming the credit yourself for turning things around!

Yet if it were down to me apparently we'd be lower than sixth place because I refused to panic and wet my knickers and instead showed some faith and trust in the people doing the job, yet that makes me "complacent".

You couldn't make it up. You are either on a cracking wind-up or you're a complete buffoon.
  • Options
    Typical heavy metal fan, always stirring things up looking for an argument.

Why can't you be more like me Off-it : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Typical heavy metal fan, always stirring things up looking for an argument.

I'm trying Henry. Have put a cardy on my Christmas list and do try to stereo-type people a bit more by putting them into easy to understand categories, like "hevay metal fan" for example. Now please excuse me while I go and rub some chip fat into my long lank hair and bite the head off a bat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Typical heavy metal fan, always stirring things up looking for an argument.

I'm trying Henry. Have put a cardy on my Christmas list and do try to stereo-type people a bit more by putting them into easy to understand categories, like "hevay metal fan" for example. Now please excuse me while I go and rub some chip fat into my long lank hair and bite the head off a bat.

Sounds like a good Sunday afternoon :-)
  • Options

That's the trouble with "hevey" metal fans. Can't tell when they are having their legs pulled. :- )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

That's the trouble with "hevey" metal fans. Can't tell when they are having their legs pulled. :- )

I do love it when people try to pick you up for a type-o but get it all wrong!

(And for the avoidance of doubt I am now going to use the universally-accepted symbol that shows that I do indeed "get it" Henry)

;o)
  • Options
    I'm a buffoon - ha ha - love it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I'm a buffoon - ha ha - love it.

Good of you to own up Jim.
    ;o)
  • Options
    To be fair to Jimmy, I think a lot of us felt the way he did six weeks ago. After the Southampton and Northwich games, I only saw us going in one direction and thought at the time that giving Parky a new contract was a bit premature to say the least. Ever since then, he's had the balls to change thing around and proved me wrong. He's stopped building the team around Shelvey, gone with two stikers and, most importantly, moved Bailey back into the centre-give him another five years I say!

not that I'm fickle or anything.................
  • Options
    I thought we were always 5th .......?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I thought we were always 5th .......?

no oggy,that was a couple of season's ago in a higher league and someone would make a post about a very unimpressive win and that if we were to still make the play offs that we need to improve. the retort being the we are still only 5th ffs.we didn't make the play offs and went down the following season, by some margin.

thankfully this season the competition is real dog wank stuff and finishing in the play off zone at worst is a gimme.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I thought we were always 5th .......?

no oggy,that was a couple of season's ago in a higher league and someone would make a post about a very unimpressive win and that if we were to still make the play offs that we need to improve. the retort being the we are still only 5th ffs.we didn't make the play offs and went down the following season, by some margin.

thankfully this season the competition is real dog wank stuff and finishing in the play off zone at worst is a gimme.

I didn't think I'd be taken seriously, TK ..... but then I see I forgot the smiley, so now I'm probably in deep doo-doo with the mods and the 'do it right or else' brigade.

Here's the missing winky .....;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    cheers oggy, i appreciate you spelling it out for me now as i'd never have known
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]cheers oggy, i appreciate you spelling it out for me now as i'd never have known

Not long been back from the pub, TK ....... so some of my posts might be a bit random.
    As you can probably tell!
  • Options
    DOOM BAR!!!!!!!