Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson Out?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]''How about so he can also play against Northwich Victoria and Soton...''

Please God, no... are you saying, Covered End, that decent squad players like Basey cannot now even expect a game in the Johnston's Paint because we prefer a borrowed journeyman?

Wasn't Basey our MoM in the last JP game, playing in two different positions across the back four?

Let's all pray you are wrong about Mr O getting another trial in the cup games!

Basey is of course is a left back and it is a right back that we need.

Until Youga is injured that is when Parky will bring in another loanee to play in front of Basey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Sorry, CE, but that is simply not the point. Can you tell us how we played the last 20 mins at Carlisle after Mr O's howler?

Basey replaced him and , as Allez astutely pointed out : : '''he had to go off after 60 mins in order to put Youga at right back (which is the situation we tried to avoid by bringing him into the team)''...

So we played a left back out of position for 30 minutes instead of 90 minutes ? That's not ideal and I wish he'd lasted the 90, but he didn't.
  • Options
    A winger who doesn't cut inside and lose the ball
    A winger who can cross the ball on the run
    a striker who can shoot straight from 20 yards
    midfielders who can create chances for the forwards.........
    .........and for forwards to take those chances
    a team who dont think they are Arsenal & want to walk the ball into the net

No too much to ask for gawd's sake - this is football, not rocket science. A very simple game - get the ball into the net more times than your opponant..............and to do that you do actually have to aim the ball at the goal sometimes

Golfaddick

wasnt there but surely if all the things you mention didnt happen then they must have tried them for you to comment, things dont always go the way we want but if they had would we have lost?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]A winger who doesn't cut inside and lose the ball
    A winger who can cross the ball on the run
    a striker who can shoot straight from 20 yards
    midfielders who can create chances for the forwards.........
    .........and for forwards to take those chances
    a team who dont think they are Arsenal & want to walk the ball into the net

No too much to ask for gawd's sake - this is football, not rocket science. A very simple game - get the ball into the net more times than your opponant..............and to do that you do actually have to aim the ball at the goal sometimes

Golfaddick

wasnt there but surely if all the things you mention didnt happen then they must have tried them for you to comment, things dont always go the way we want but if they had would we have lost?

Why must they have tried them for him to comment?

I think it's quite the opposite.
  • Options
    The one person who should be most concerned about the keeping situation is actually Robbie Elliot.

Parky must have known that he would alienate Randolph by bringing in a loanee ahead of him and telling him that, "if he's not pushed Rob out by January we'll let him go", rather suggests that he already has his replacement lined up. And it would be no real surprise if the Wolves Keeper isn't that person albeit on loan for the rest of the season.

And Ikeme or whoever wouldn't have been told that he's coming here to sit on the bench.
  • Options
    I was wondering if Ikepe would be on a season long low and Elliot would become back up, and Randolph leave.

Having thought about Ikepe going straight into the side on Saturday does make some sense, given that an injury to Randolph would have meant we would be without a keeper for the weekend. Cautious maybe,but sensible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I was wondering if Ikepe would be on a season long low and Elliot would become back up, and Randolph leave.

Having thought about Ikepe going straight into the side on Saturday does make some sense, given that an injury to Randolph would have meant we would be without a keeper for the weekend. Cautious maybe,but sensible.

Cautious?
    How about cowardly.
    And if the No. 3 Wolf was staying for the season, they probably wouldn't care if he became cup tied.

Again, very poor man management by Parky.
  • Options
    I think Mr Parkinson's credentials will be coming under question again. What exactly were his tactics for today? Outplayed and outfought from start to finish by a bunch of part timers 3 leagues below us. PATHETIC.
  • Options
    Of course we can't question whether he should be our manager or not.

Look at our current form. No man better for the job

Sigh ...
  • Options
    Think we should give him another new contract.

No away win since August and not looked like scoring in weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The worst performance I've ever seen from a Charlton team (i watched it on the net) and I've been following them since 1966.
    Are we allowed to moan now? We've only lost three games after all !\
    Please come back Curbs, we need to get some pride back into this club.
  • Options
    What a mug..............get him out now...........you clearly aint got it...........
  • Options
    Stunned just how bad we were ?

Best team won.

We had nothing.

Racon was a ghost.

Truely the worst cup team why do we ever enter.

Ashamed ---- yep been along time--- in fact cant remeber it must be so far back, but at the moment i feel ashamed----- i guess the players and the manager wont.
  • Options
    I have never in all my 34 years of going down there felt so ashamed of my clubs performance,
  • Options
    I am not gonna bother trying to defend but agree truly shocked!
  • Options
    Cheers Parkinson you mug, hand in your notice and get out. absolute shambles.
  • Options
    There is nothing you can say to defend him.

No motivation or tactics
  • Options
    Atrociuos, embarassing. No direction, little fight, no apparent care. Afraid I can only blame the manager. I fear a slide has started all round and we will be heading down the league... We needed a new manager last year - butdidn't do it - we must do it now! Parkinson has no man management skills and no apparent idea...
  • Options
    I have been a Parky supporter since I changed my mind on him over the close season, but I have to admit that today there was nothing to be proud of in the perfromance, no fight, no tenacity, no passing, hardly any tackles, in short...............no bloody clue!! Question is what now!! Form has dipped completley over the last few weeks and our great start is being thrown away...........indefensible...........and on top of all this the part-timers could and should have won by 3...........kinda sums it up!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Has Parky gotten Charlton to 2nd?
    Or are Charlton in 2nd despite him?
    Or has he simply been a passenger in a sideline suit along for the ride?

Charlton got off to a very good start. But the opposition was weak at the start of the schedule. In fact, the opposition in League 1 is poor compared to The Championship.

How much of it was down to Parky, how much to the weak schedule?

My issues with Parkinson are two-fold -- he is a very limited tactician and a poor man-manager.

His handling of Randolph in the past week was less than amateurish. It was embarrassing at any level.

To hand Parky the contract extension showed not only poor timing, but poor judgement, as well. But it is also out of the same pages of making Les Reed the "permanent manager" and extending his contract ... then convincing him to step aside after just six matches.

Parky has not exhibited the qualities that it takes to be a successful manager. I had hoped that he had enough to be competent enough to mount a promotion challenge in a weak league. And to some extent, he has.
    But as the league opposition got a little brtter, and the cup opposition more determined, Parky has been found out to be left wanting.

He lucked out with Plan A at the start of the season, and has not shown that he has a Plan B.
    He also is not much of a motivator. We can say that professional players should be self-motivated, and while that is true, they also need a leader. Being a leader as a manager, and a leader on the field, are two different things.

Today's result unearthed all of the doubts about Parkinson's tenure as manager. The fast start and league table served to cover it over, but it was still bubbling under the surface.
    Losing to a non-league team several divisions lower and missing its two best players has created a geyser of emotion, with much of directed at the man in-charge.

So what are the board to do?
    They are likely to do nothing, unless they think another contract extension is the solution. :-(
    We already know the answer, and unlike the board, we also knew it in January and in May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the most worrying thing about today was that we were undone by a team that put a part-time centre back on the penalty spot and hurled the ball at him. The score wasn't a real reflection of the inequality of the contest. If we'd lost by three, nobody could have had any complaints.