Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Minutes Silence At Falkirk

Falkirk have announced that they are to go ahead with a minutes silence next week to mark "Poppy Day", Celtic had asked Falkirk if they could hold a minutes applause instead because they know their fans will spoil a silence but Falkirk have refused.

Falkirk players will also be wearing specially embroidered shirts for the game which will afterwards be sold to their fans to raise cash for Poppy Scotland. Lets hope they also get three points.

As the game is live on TV, I wonder if they will go to an ad break when the silence is hijacked by the morons?

Fair play to Falkirk..........over to you Celtic!

Comments

• Options
    Good for Flakirk, Celtic are a mugs club never liked them never will. Nothing to do with religion (as i do not follow any religion having never been christianed) but have just never liked Celtic or Rangers and would always want to see another SPL team win the SPL ahead of both of them anyday.
  • Options
    This is precisely why I don't like a minute's applause. It's a sad indictment of society if people can't respect a minute's silence. Good on Falkirk for sticking to their guns - it's up to Celtic and their fans to get themselves in order.
  • Options
    Ultimately, Celtic are from Glasgow and therefore Scotland. F**k all this catholic/Protestant shite, if they cant put that to one side to pay respect then they are a disgrace to their club, country and religon.
  • Options
    the amount of catholic northern irishman who served in the first and second world war tells its on story,theres morons at every club,but of course lets just go at celtic again,i think ratio wise more catholics served the british army .enough of this religous divide,they pray a little diffrent thats all,far more concerns to worry about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Ultimately, Celtic are from Glasgow and therefore Scotland. F**k all this catholic/Protestant shite, if they cant put that to one side to pay respect then they are a disgrace to their club, country and religon.

With you on that one defo to me religion has no importance in todays world anyway and like polotics all it causess is conflict.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Ultimately, Celtic are from Glasgow and therefore Scotland. F**k all this catholic/Protestant shite, if they cant put that to one side to pay respect then they are a disgrace to their club, country and religon.

With you on that one defo to me religion has no importance in todays world anyway and like polotics all it causess is conflict.

You cannot say that politics causes conflict. If you have a policy of being against war, that in itself is politics.
  • Options
    connaught rangers dft read up on them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

You cannot say that politics causes conflict. If you have a policy of being against war, that in itself is politics.

Good Point thats true but i think most poloticians will claim to have a policy against war. I cant see those suits admiting they love a bit of war and enjoy the idea of allowing young working class men to fight their battles for them but seemingly that is what they do the fact that they dont admit it does not it is not true. So yea you cant say that polotics causes war and conflict but you also cannot say that it has never caused any form of conflict ever.
  • Options
    My Grandad was in the merchant navy during the war and was a massive Celtic fan, lived in Glasgow etc

Think its appalling.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]enough of this religous divide,they pray a little diffrent thats all,far more concerns to worry about.
    I was brought up as a Catholic. I don't go to church too often nowadays & when I do half the time it's C 0f E.

As I say to my mum whenever she comments on it: "So what if they say slightly different words? It's the same guy upstairs".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unlike you DFT to be anti-Celtic.............
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh yes the Connaught Rangers, didn't they mutiny in India 1920?

You didn't pick a very good example there pal but I know the point you are trying to make and yes a lot of Catholic Irishmen fought in the British Army, all the more reason for Celtic's fans to comply with the minutes silence.

Oh, and you brought religion into this topic, not me!
  • Options
    Sorry i think that might have been me DFT knew religion might have been a bad thing to mention SORRY :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Oh yes the Connaught Rangers, didn't they mutiny in India 1920?

You didn't pick a very good example there pal but I know the point you are trying to make and yes a lot of Catholic Irishmen fought in the British Army, all the more reason for Celtic's fans to comply with the minutes silence.

More important DFT.....when are we going to get Curbs back at Charlton....you know, the guy you wanted sacked....remember him?
  • Options
    theres a agenda when you mention celtic topics on a charlton website,why did you bring up a mutiny in india? totally bypassing all the brave amazing things that fine regiment have acheived,anyway enjoy your sunday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]

Yes but you brought Celtic into it.

Let me make this clear. Its not wanted on here. Unlike other non-charlton topics, it causes a divide. If you must post Rangers / Celtic stuff on non-Rangers and Celtic sites, then please do so on another one.

Because it is not wanted here, no matter what the periphery issue.
  • Options
    Hang on Bartram, no mention was made about Rangers, what the fuck has it got to do with them?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]theres a agenda when you mention celtic topics on a charlton website,why did you bring up a mutiny in india? totally bypassing all the brave amazing things that fine regiment have acheived,anyway enjoy your sunday.[/quote]

Yeah, enjoy yours!

The mutiny is the most famous thing they ever done, traitors the lot of 'em
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hear hear Bart.....hear hear!
  • Options
    read wilkepedia dft,medals won for amazing valour in boer war etc ,honestly its breathtaking ,what regiment,anyway enjoy the second half at dundee!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Read it yourself.....

Abandoned at half time
  • Options
    lol,your a proud man ,at least we hate millwall,we have that in common.
  • Options
    SE9SE9
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]

Yes but you brought Celtic into it.

Let me make this clear. Its not wanted on here. Unlike other non-charlton topics, it causes a divide. If you must post Rangers / Celtic stuff on non-Rangers and Celtic sites, then please do so on another one.

Didnt see any mention of Rangers from DFT. There was a disscusion on here the other month about millwall/west ham fans when they played each other. If he wants to point out out about Celtic fans i think he is intittled to.
  • Options
    Thanks SE9

AFKABartram, if you don't like them, don't read them!