Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton sack Russell Slade

Comments

• Can't say I am too shocked however after saving them from relegation last year, he should have been given more time! If they had not had so many players sent off (think they have highest number of red cards in england), then their abysmal home form would be much better
  • "Russell" don't sound like a football manager's name, so he was on a loser anyway. "George" Slade and he'd still be in a job!! :)
  • Have to say I thought they'd be up there challenging. I have a few BHA mates and they were very positive pre-season, but then again apart from us, who wasn't?
  • Isn't Curbs an Ex-Brighton player?
  • See brownie is one of the caretaker assistants at Brighton. Did not know he's there youth team coach.
  • edited November 2009
    No surprise there. At a quick glance at their squad they've signed quite a few players who must be on big wages, yet still look an awful side. Liam Dickinson looks ever more cumbersome and they appear overly reliant on Nicky Forster. If Nicky Forster had gotten an injury they'd be cast adrift at the bottom of the league.

So Russel Slade had to go. The only reason he would have stayed is if they were in financial problems but they still appear to be willing to pay bigger league one wages.
  • Well as Barnes got the boot early it seems a club have once again sacked a manager too early. Looking forward to our trip down there should be a good day out.
  • Forster and Dickinson. I'd like that strikeforce, here.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Forster and Dickinson. I'd like that strikeforce, here.

Yea their both good players dont know what went wrong guess nothing form the midfield to help them cant all be blamed on Russell surely
  • Good luck to Steve Brown, see he is the new assistant! True Legend who would be great back at The Valley in some capacity (Elliot is injured, we could do with a goalie)
  • Sponsored links:

• O Steve Brown has moved in for now has he cool yea good man good luck to him cannot wait for ouor trip down there later this season
  • With what happened to Russell Brand following Andrewsachsgate it's a bad time for Russels in the workplace. I'd imagine Russell Harty is a worried man.
  • They sacked Slade after what he did for them last year? We're all crazee now if we think that's fair.
  • I read somewhere that Dennis Wise is in the frame to replace him.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]With what happened to Russell Brand following Andrewsachsgate it's a bad time for Russels in the workplace. I'd imagine Russell Harty is a worried man.
    Showing your age there McLovin. And it'd be a miracle if Russell Harty was in a position to be worried about anything.