Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Emergency First Aid at Work - 1 day course

This course is suitable for people who wish to

Learn basic first aid
Act as the Appointed Person in the workplace
Support a qualified First Aider

Not all businesses need to have formally trained and certified first aiders. For some small businesses (e.g. those with a low risk working environment, employing less than 50 people), an assessment of First Aid needs may identify that a First Aider (as defined in the HSE Regulations) is not necessary. In this case, the minimum requirement of an employer is to appoint a person to take charge of first aid arrangements.

Responsibilities of Appointed Persons

Taking charge when someone is injured or ill, including calling an ambulance if required;
Looking after the first aid equipment, e.g. re-stocking the first aid box.

Course content includes:

An overview of current regulations
First Aid priorities
Managing an incident
Assessment of the casualty
Resuscitation / CPR
Choking
Control of bleeding
Treatment of shock
Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious or in seizure
Common workplace injuries

Certification as an Appointed Person

Candidates are assessed throughout the course and those who meet the required standard will receive an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, valid for three years. Important note: All candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures required for certification.

Our training facilities

Sevenoaks Energy Academy is a modern, nationally approved training centre boasting the finest, most comprehensively equipped energy training facility in the UK, offering the highest range of training equipment air conditioned classrooms each equipped with teaching screens and ergonomically approved furniture ensure that your course is delivered with your education and comfort in mind.

Our internet café located on the first floor, is available for all students to use for extra study time or to simply rest and relax whilst surfing the web or catching up on emails during course breaks.

An impressive selection of hot and cold food is available as well as drinks machines located throughout the academy for your convenience

Our courses are designed and delivered to suit the specific requirements of your business. The above course is delivered in 1 full call us now on 0844 5678023 to discuss your requirements

Course Availability

29th October 2009 - few places remaining

Cost

£115.00 per person + VAT (£132.25 inc VAT)

For Further info please visit: http://www.sevenoaksenergy.com/_First-Aid-Course

Regards

Comments

• Options
    What on earth is going on...
  • Options
    im also intrigued?
  • Options
    So am I!
  • Options
    free advertising ?!?!
  • Options
    times are hard. Got to flog your stuff if you can or admin allow you.
  • Options
    Sorry guys unsure whether this was allowed or not? times are not hard no! just starting new job and one of the sides of my role is marketing

A quick thought of mine was to see if any lifers wanted to have a look at the courses we offer, is a very big project so its not exactly desperate.... but we will see if this is allowed
  • Options
    mate have you got a course to teach you how to stop people selling you stuff ? could be a killer that one. Must have an international element to it though to stop the 15 phone calls a day from those nice types in India.
  • Options
    lol unfortunately not mate, we all need one of those :-0
  • Options
    Whats the hot food like mate ?
  • Options
    Can you take your own sandwiches...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ive already done the course :D

NHS paid for it when i worked part time in a hospital for a bit, as everyone had to have the basic emergency first aid training to work there.
  • Options
    The hot food is very good, we have our own chef who makes everything fresh

Regarding whether u can take ur own sandwiches, i dont see why not and there is a canteen area where u can eat. although i believe the hot food is in the price, i will confirm at a later date :-)
  • Options
    Can you take your own lager...?
  • Options
    Any fit birds on the course that I could try out resuscitation on ?
  • Options
    lager...i dont think so

unsure of whether any fit birds shag lol cant blame u trying, also courses actually start in a couple of weeks so we will see
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]lager...i dont think so

unsure of whether any fit birds shag lol cant blame u trying, also courses actually start in a couple of weeks so we will see

Ah, bit like my company.... "Come to a CPR day, learn new skills and save lives and better than a Christmas party."
  • Options
    Have the rules changed now then? I had to do a four day course for First Aid at Work... how comes this is only one day?
  • Options
    medders i will get back to u at some point today mate, as i do not know the answer to that one as i am new and as soon as i find out will update u :-
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Have the rules changed now then? I had to do a four day course for First Aid at Work... how comes this is only one day?

I think they are two different courses. The FAW course that you did (although I think that has now changed to 3 days or is about to)is the main one, but the emergency one is also an option and is quicker/cheaper but less involved.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Have the rules changed now then? I had to do a four day course for First Aid at Work... how comes this is only one day?

I think they are two different courses. The FAW course that you did (although I think that has now changed to 3 days or is about to)is the main one, but the emergency one is also an option and is quicker/cheaper but less involved.

Good, glad to hear it! The four day one is way too dragged out. Could easily be done in three days, maybe even two. Would be a good move if there's a one day course - more people learning CPR would be excellent...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Good, glad to hear it! The four day one is way too dragged out. Could easily be done in three days, maybe even two. Would be a good move if there's a one day course - more people learning CPR would be excellent...

the short 1 day course will not make your company compliant with HnS regs as far as I aware.
  • Options
    Johhnybev - can you tell me is the "first aid at work" any different from the "first response" course that I did as part of voluntary organisation
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Any fit birds on the course that I could try out resuscitation on ?
    I once went on a 'breakaway technique' course and there was this amazing bird with a low cut top and short skirt, when the instructor asked us to pair up to try out some of the moves I was like Linford Christie across that hall....

The memories of me lying on top with her trying to throw me off still gives me a massive hard on to this day...
  • Options
    Sorry, I read that as "I shot across the hall......."
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    True story .... my young nephew once broke a finger when he got it trapped in the school First Aid cabinet.

Just goes to show that there is a dark side to everything.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]True story .... my young nephew once broke a finger when he got it trapped in the school First Aid cabinet.

Just goes to show that there is a dark side to everything.
    Spooky...
  • Options
    Hey and make sure your accident book is data protection compliant - I kid you not.

(Some silly person made me Health & Safety officer here a few years back..)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]

the short 1 day course will not make your company compliant with HnS regs as far as I aware.

i think that depends on the size. I only do a one day course because there are only 5 people in the office.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]

i think that depends on the size. I only do a one day course because there are only 5 people in the office.

you see that is why they shdnt a made me do it....

:)