Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ARCHOS

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Does anyone have views on the brand ARCHOS? I bought an ARCHOS 7 a few months ago and it is, without doubt, the best "gadget" I have bought over the years. I am now also awaiting delivery of the incredibly cute ARCHOS 3.

Anyoneo else have any experience or views on ARCHOS products?

Comments

• Options
    O yea i know what you mean sound buy mate never had one myself but a few mates of mine have how much did it set you back mate if you dont mind me asking?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]O yea i know what you mean sound buy mate never had one myself but a few mates of mine have how much did it set you back mate if you dont mind me asking?
    Honestly can't remember how much the 7 was when I bought it, but the 160Gb version (which I have) is now £270 and the 250Gb is £350. The 160Gb is plenty big enough. I have about 70 DVDs on it now and room for many, many more. The 3 was about £70.
  • Options
    was looking at this a while back, how long does the battery last?
  • Options
    How do they work then mate my freinds are very vague it surely doenst download through itunes is there a specific site?
  • Options
    Thought this was a Dr Who thread, but Sandra said thats "Aracnos" or "Atmos".
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bigfatpete[/cite]was looking at this a while back, how long does the battery last?
    Quite a long time! I often use it on flights or long train journeys. So I can confirm it's lasts as long as it takes to get to Ebbsfleet. From Belgium.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]How do they work then mate my freinds are very vague it surely doenst download through itunes is there a specific site?
    A friend has one - he "rips" DVDs onto his PC then transfers them over. I boughtmyself a DVD player (£7.50 from eBay) and "record" DVDs directly onto it in real time. There's also an ARCHOS site you can buy or rent movies from.
  • Options
    I've got the Archos 605 Wifi. I'm really pleased with it. I've got most of my music on it loads of photos and burn DVDs on it all the time and watch them on the train into work. The picture quality is great but the sound could be a bit louder and the battery life is a tad short. I picked it because of the size of the hard drive and it because it was fairly cheap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Does anyone have views on the brand ARCHOS? I bought anARCHOS 7a few months ago and it is, without doubt, the best "gadget" I have bought over the years. I am now also awaiting delivery of the incredibly cuteARCHOS 3.

Anyoneo else have any experience or views on ARCHOS products?
    I have one of the older ones that I still use for long flights. It's a bit bulky for transporting around everywhere, but the great screen makes it much better than anything else I've got for watching movies/TV. Handles a good range of files too. That gizmo you've got looks fantastic.

Why do people rate ipods? For the money/flexibility they don't stack up next to the Creative/Archos. Never tried a Kowloon, but heard great things about them too.
  • Options
    I had one of their very first 20gig mp3 players about 5 or 6 years ago now, still use it as a reliable external portable Hard drive. Have since upgraded the HD to 120gig capacity too with little trouble.

Totally agree with Mortimercian, you cant beat either Creative or Archos products for value in comparison to the iPod (have owned all three at one time or another!)