Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does anyone use the DLR from Lewisham to East India?

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Any lifers help on some info..........

What is the journey like for commuting?

TFL website says about 30 mins journey time, is this true?

How reliable is the srevice?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    30mins to East India? That's quick!
  • Options
    I just knew it would be you............

:)
  • Options
    Didn't realise it went that far!

I've used it many a time up to Stratford from Lewisham, it takes around 20 minutes on a good day, to 40 on a bad day.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited November 2009
    I went through there the other week from Woolwich Arsenal, seemed quick enough, 15-20 minutes, although had to change at Canning Town, is WA not an option, as I think it's a quicker route?
  • Options
    Lewisham to Canary Wharf is 20 mins. Generally a very good and regular service. Not sure about East India though.
  • Options
    Took the DLR from Lewisham to Limehouse other day. Came back at 5.30 PM was fine.

Mind you Limehouse FFS what a pit that place is.
  • Options
    Ever been taken up the Mudchute?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]30mins to East India? That's quick!

An Indian guy has been living in Woolwich for a few years and decides he's had enough and wants to go home to India.

He goes to the ticket office and asks for a ticket to Delhi. They explain that the furthest they can get him is a ticket to is Dover, so the guy buys one.

When he gets to Dover he asks for a ticket to Delhi and is told "we can only get you to Calais mate"

He takes the ticket and when he gets to France he asks for a ticket to Delhi. The ticket office explains that the furthest they go is belgium, so the guy takes a ticket.

This goes on for weeks, ftravelling from one country to another, until the guy finally arrives in Delhi.

After 6 months he realises he wants to go back to England, goes to the ticket office in Delhi Central and asks for a ticket to Woolwich................

Woolwich Arsenal or Woolwich Dockyard the guy at the ticket office replies.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]30mins to East India? That's quick!

An Indian guy has been living in Woolwich for a few years and decides he's had enough and wants to go home to India.

He goes to the ticket office and asks for a ticket to Delhi. They explain that the furthest they can get him is a ticket to is Dover, so the guy buys one.

When he gets to Dover he asks for a ticket to Delhi and is told "we can only get you to Calais mate"

He takes the ticket and when he gets to France he asks for a ticket to Delhi. The ticket office explains that the furthest they go is belgium, so the guy takes a ticket.

This goes on for weeks, ftravelling from one country to another, until the guy finally arrives in Delhi.

After 6 months he realises he wants to go back to England, goes to the ticket office in Delhi Central and asks for a ticket to Woolwich................

Woolwich Arsenal or Woolwich Dockyard the guy at the ticket office replies.

Now that did make me laugh.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

DA9- WA is not an option unfortunately, starting from Catford.

Would have to change at Poplar or West India Quay, but it sounds like a feasable commute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Took the DLR from Lewisham to Limehouse other day. Came back at 5.30 PM was fine.

That whole stretch, from Limehouse up through Shadwell is a real dump, it's like the armpit of London.

Used to work directly opposite Limeharbour DLR, used to watch all the teeny boppers hanging around for the Brit awards at the London Arena every year. The Spinnaker pub was where me and my other half first got together, although we had worked together some while. ASDA mudchute was a lunch time must :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Took the DLR from Lewisham to Limehouse other day. Came back at 5.30 PM was fine.

mudchute was a lunch time must :-)

Sorry, couldn't let this pass without an ooh er missus!!