Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sign HER up............

Comments

• womens football ? never really went anywhere
  • How did she not get sent off for any one of those! Certainly makes it more entertaining
  • Worth watching.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]womens football ? never really went anywhere

Mainly because it has never received the coverage or investment over here. Arsenal and Fulham have both proved that you can perform at a pretty high standard if you make the players full time. Abroad the womens game is quite reasonable.

Don't forget that Hope Powell has been suggested as part of a Chris Powell management partnership, at lower mens league level
  • a good sunday team would beat englands womens team,its awful,goalkeepers are a joke.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]a good sunday team would beat englands womens team,its awful,goalkeepers are a joke.
    That's one thing I don't get. The fundamentals of goalkeeping aren't exactly difficult to teach - obviously refining those skills to the level where you can play the game professionally is a damn sight harder, but shot stopping, commanding your area, collecting crosses etc are all pretty simple concepts - so why are all of them (even the national team goalkeepers) so universally piss-poor?

Apart from the lack of any pace to the game and fact that the Germans are annoyingly good I would definitely watch women's football (at least at international level) because the skill exhibited by the players is really good, and there's a lot more in the way of 'end to end' action, but every time I watch a game it's positively embarrassing to watch the goalkeeping - so I end up turning it off.
  • im sure its got entertainment value leroy.
  • You look at lower levels of footballand kids football,its always the keepers that come over as most dodgy,its not just womens football
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]im sure its got entertainment value leroy.

Didn't FIFA President suggest that women footballers should take a leaf out of the book of Womens beach football and wear simialr kit?

http://thm-a02.yimg.com/image/b01a8bc7b5361a9e

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/BeachVolleyball.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    spanishfanny.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• The defence lacks the balls to do the job ......
  • I play against a lot of women over here in Canada. Sawwker is considered a girls game & they play it from an early age - my daughter has started not long after her 4th birthday. Technically they are as good as, if not better than the men, they just lack the sheer physical power. Some of the girls that I have played with & against in the last 4 years would wipe the floor with your average Sunday league player & then do it again for fun.

I played indoor last night & this Quebecois girl, must have been about 18 - about the same height as AFKA - was untouchable, every trick in the book, made us all look stupid.

I don't think football is played by girls in UK at anything like the same level or intensity from such an early age as it is over here - it's why the US women's team is so good. Women's football may be a joke in Europe, different story over here.
  • Too true Oakster. The city where I grew up was an outright girls/womens' "sawker" powerhouse.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4628040&categoryid=null
    />
    "Lambert suspened.............."
    I found the hairpulling quite arousing.