Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Ferguson has been sacked (maybe)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't Darren Ferguson say at the start of the season he wanted another promotion? Is he really ambitious or was that just down to the chairman's ambitions?

Ridiculous though, League One to the Championship is a big jump for the smaller clubs, see clubs such as Scunthorpe and Colchester recently and clubs like Brighton a few years ago.
  • Options
    According to SSN Barry Fry believes Ferguson has been tapped up.

Barry Fry!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]According to SSN Barry Fry believes Ferguson has been tapped up.

Barry Fry!

This is Alex Ferguson's best mate Barry Fry isn't it?

Anyway, news on SSN this afternoon is that the Bournemouth Manager, Eddie Howe, turned down an approach from Peterborough. Now either they moved bloody quick or they already had Howe in mind when Ferguson left.
  • Options
    Posh have asked permission to speak to Brentford manager Andy Scott
  • Options
    better bet than Peter Taylor who the Mail believe was in line for the job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Posh have asked permission to speak to Brentford manager Andy Scott

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    Sacked by Preston
  • Options
    It's amazing how quickly a manager's stock can rise and fall. Just goes to show, you can uaually only judge a manager on how he's doing in the here and now.
  • Options
    Another job opportunity for Iain Dowie?
    No, only kidding.
  • Options
    Aren't his family in Preston?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not surprised at this as has been coming for a while- Ferguson was linked with big jobs 18mths ago- how things have changed. The problem is that Preston have been overachieving for a while and do not have much of a budget by the look of their squad so can't really see them staying up regardless of whether Fergie Jnr stayed.
  • Options
    Has met with Peterborough chairman for talks.

Mad
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Has met with Peterborough chairman for talks.

Mad

The Peterborough chairman or the talks?.
  • Options
    Both. Did they not fire him?
  • Options
    He was sacked yes, but to be fair it was a ridiculous decision. He'd just won them back to back promotions but because they couldn't cope in the championship (not surprising given the size of the club and how quickly they'd got there), he got sacked.
  • Options
    And was it not the current chairman that sacked him? I find it strange he'd even entertain the idea of going back there unless some serious grovelling has gone on. 10 years down the line maybe, but what is it, 18 months?
  • Options
    If he does go back that another team, after Bournemouth, given a managerial boost.

Getting a little bit harder for whoever the new man at the Valley is.
  • Options
    Not even that long. He was sacked 9 November 2009 according to Wiki.

No prizes for guessing where Man Utd's reserve players will be heading next week.
  • Options
    According to SSN, he'll be at their game tonight but not in the dugout and then take over tomorrow again
  • Options
    Given that we might have a precedent on our hands of a manager returning to the club that sacked him, can I now launch my 'bring back Parky' campaign?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I the only one thinking Thankgod he didn't role up at charlton
  • Options
    Darren Ferguson's teams can't defend. He left Peterboro shipping goals and heading for relegation.
    Then he takes over at Preston and they start shipping goals and are bottom.
    Hope he does go back to Peterboro, where they are still shipping goals :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Happy Valley[/cite]Given that we might have a precedent on our hands of a manager returning to the club that sacked him, can I now launch my 'bring back Parky' campaign?

Then it will be a Happy Valley.