Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Execution of Gary Glitter

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Anyone watch it last night ? Good drama, and as it should be made you think.

The legal process wise had so many holes init you could drive a truck through it, but had to slim process down to fit it all in i guess.

Comments

• Options
    I only saw the last half hour or so, quite a disturbing programme, and made me wonder if there was any legal attempts by Glitter's lawyers to get it stopped?
  • Options
    Really good, very thought provoking and strong arguments for both sides, good telly.
  • Options
    Great show.

Which bits were real? Was the video confession from the young girl real? I take it it must be as there were some very serious accusations.

It does make you wonder about the death penalty.
  • Options
    The only real parts would have been when the copper read parts of the trial eveidence from Vietnam.
  • Options
    Thought this might be a pay-per-view event
  • Options
    Hahaha Ralph I thought it might be sign up to be a part of the process
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Didn't see the programme...are we now being led to believe that the Vietnamese(with the possible assistance of the Brits?) stiched him up....well that wouldn't surprise you would it.
  • Options
    Does the horrible Pedo still get royalties from record sales?
  • Options
    I doubt he sells many these days Jason. No radio play, doubt he is on any jukeboxes - so whilst yes of course he would get royalties as co-writer of many of his hits (whatever kind of paedo perv he is, he is till entitled to it), I would think it doesn't come to much at all.
  • Options
    He still gets fortune - it is only here that we no longer play his music.
    In the states nearly every sporting event has Rock and Roll, Hey, Rock and Roll, played in breaks in the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His records were unadulterated shit, glad he has been airbrushed from history. For a glam rock fix I would much rather listen to quality like T-Rex, Bowie and Roxy Music. That vile fiend was only ever like someones uncle dressing up at a wedding and making an arse of himself even when he was supposedly current.
  • Options
    my dads wife was the cousin of t-rex
  • Options
    Then she would vouch for what a class act Marc Bolan was!
  • Options
    never really asked,but yes he was a class act.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'll have to see it. Thought it was a bit distasteful to do it on a living person no matter what he's done. But to truly pass judgement I'll have to see it. Whatever their reasonings for doing it I suppose Glitter has morally lost some right to artisitc privacy; hey Amnesty might not see it that way but anyone with a natural morality would see it that way.

The US Supreme Court just voted down the death penalty for sexual offences, and it's something Obama supports so it ain't far from reality in the Western World....
  • Options
    Problem is that a couple of his songs are still played in the states at sports matches, so he still gets royalties
  • Options
    Found the production disturbing and thought provoking on two fronts; the depravity of Gadd and the whole concept of capital punishment. The performance of Hilton McRae was more than convincing and the drama so much better than the trash all too often served up.

Not sure what agreement was sought or given by Gadd. I just hope that if he was in agreement it wasn't a pathetic attempt to court some sympathy and question the judicial system that convicted him. I also hope that the programme finds it's way onto the US networks and his royalties grind to an immediate halt.
  • Options
    I like his music.
  • Options
    Just downloaded it on the back of the comments here.

Sounds like very interesting TV, unlike Thai soap operas which make Corrie and East Enders look like Oscar winning material.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was a great bit of tv very thought provoking, the quickness of the hanging scene was shocking.

very well done feel sorry for his family to be publically dragged back in to the depraved feckers mind again.