Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic site

digital cloud

Amazing structure proposed for Olympic site ... doubt it will get approval but looks good.

Comments

• Options
    i am just happy to know that my taxes aren't being wasted.
  • Options
    Cloudinterior.jpg
    So people get to go up a massive spiral slope to mess about in bubbles?

What credit crunch?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i am just happy to know that my taxes aren't being wasted.

Its designers plan to raise the funds to build it by asking for micro-donations from millions of people.

"It's really about people coming together to raise the Cloud," Carlo Ratti, one of the architects behind the design from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) told BBC News.

"We can build our Cloud with £5m or £50m. The flexibility of the structural system will allow us to tune the size of the Cloud to the level of funding that is reached."
  • Options
    what can they do with £ 50 ?
  • Options
    Apparently the design was originally intended for the centre of the Olympic park but may now be constructed elsewhere. The entire project is going to be privately funded by voluntary donations. Personally I think it's a completely bonkers idea, I'm well up for it, I'll send them a tenner.