Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A funny letter from a Grimsby fan to the club, something we can relate to!

2»

Comments

• Options
    agreed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I like their little fish symbol. <*(((((><

Hopefully we never drop that far down... Anyone notice the Ebbsfleet comment
    My nan’s old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can fúck off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat cúnt, not the one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for fúck’s sake, Ebbsfleet, wherever that is.
    I believe the phrase is "be careful what you wish for". He just wasn't specific enough about which Premier League he wanted them to play in.
  • Options
    what a legend....that post tops his first one in my book, loved the Gok Wan comment
  • Options
    classic ..
    didn't read all the responses....
    i wonder if there's any along the lines of
    "we'll have new grounds to go to"
    "at least we'll win some games"
    "we've had it worse than this"
    "stay positive , don't boo"
  • Options
    Brilliant, poor bloke!
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    One thing that Grimsby Town truly excell at is having fans who have a sense of humour that can tap into just what it means to be a real fan and the agonies felt by REAL supporters, not some Chelsea shirt wearing chav smoking fags over their mutant offspring pushchairs whilst walking dogs without leads in Sutton High Street whilst their beloved Chelsea are playing at Stamford Bridge.
    I once worked with a Grimsby fan who had relocated down south and wanted to catch Grimsby at Shithurst Park in around 2001, I took him (trying to help) and we watched the game (from the Grimsby section-obviously) Grimsby were top of tier 2 and I desperately wanted them to batter Palace but they lost 5-0 and Grimsby never really recovered. Their fans never stopped singing and approached that bitter defeat with fantastic humour and good grace. For that reason alone I have always looked out for their results and had great respect for them and their demise has saddened me tbh. League football will be poorer without Grimsby Town and I for one hope their exile is the shortest imaginable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]One thing that Grimsby Town truly excell at is having fans who have a sense of humour that can tap into just what it means to be a real fan and the agonies felt by REAL supporters, not some Chelsea shirt wearing chav smoking fags over their mutant offspring pushchairs whilst walking dogs without leads in Sutton High Street whilst their beloved Chelsea are playing at Stamford Bridge.
    Fantastic!

I once knew a Grimsby fan through work, she drank pints, knew loads about football, was northern and very fit and as you'll expect her boyfriend was a complete cock!
  • Options
    Of course! Adding to Grimsby's plus account is a certain sale of a certain quality striker!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Of course! Adding to Grimsby's plus account is a certain sale of a certain quality striker!
    The only player to win the football focus cult player award for two different clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on!
  • Options
    The same guy has written a new message now that Grimsby are relegated.
    He's Not Happy
  • Options
    Sounds stupid to point this out, I know - but they aren't relegated yet!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Sounds stupid to point this out, I know - but they aren't relegated yet!

To be honest, I read that post and presumed they were. They are as good as..
  • Options
    I haven't laughed this much for ages - quality, absolute quality.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]The same guy has written a new message now that Grimsby are relegated.
    He's Not Happy
    I posted that yesterday on the previous page!
  • Options
    With Barnet losing today, Grimsby have the chance to stay up if they beat Barnet and Burton and Barnet fail to beat Rochdale.

Is there anyone else who half-hopes they do stay up, just because of the Grimsby internet phenomenon this season? Nothing against Barnet, mind you.