Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wheezing

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
any tips on getting rid of it,been doctors nothing wrong,tried vitamin c etc cant shift it,getting on my nerves now everytime im running in the park behind people they keep turning round because of it.

Comments

• Options
    Allergy is possible .... do you have animals?
  • Options
    stop running in the park
  • Options
    ok will do .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]any tips on getting rid of it,been doctors nothing wrong,tried vitamin c etc cant shift it,getting on my nerves now everytime im running in the park behind people they keep turning round because of it.

Do you only get it when you run?
    If so then it sounds like you've got exercise induced asthma.
  • Options
    no its not asthma
  • Options
    allergy to exercise?
  • Options
    if you run in lycra (eww) perhaps you're allergic to that!
  • Options
    My inhaler works for me, though I've got asthma.
  • Options
    no if anything running helps,opens up my lungs so i can cough.no lycra for me suzi!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]no if anything running helps,opens up my lungs so i can cough.no lycra for me suzi!

Just fishnets & stylettos ....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no naked around six am in ladywell park.
  • Options
    mate have you thought it might be the running making you short of breath ?
  • Options
    Sounds like a Capstan Full Strength problem to me. Best cut down a bit, mate.
  • Options
    olbas oil or whatever its called. breath loads in or pour it over your chest like patrick veira. its strong old stuff.
  • Options
    Watch the cake scene in Under Siege before you go out nolly, any wheezing you do after that will feel like a ... Er .... Cake walk!

Seriosly though, I used to pound it round Ladywell Park back in the day. You live that way now then?
  • Options
    thinking of a one off return to the ring. running 3 times a week ,only four times round
  • Options
    Don't do it - it will knock the sense out of you.

Oh .....
    ;o)
  • Options
    err... used to live near Ladywell, right on Hilly Fields, but on the Brockley side... struggling to remember a Ladywell Park.
  • Options
    Ladywell rec Lookie, aka Ladywell "Fields" now I think. Right next to the station, down to the running track, then over the bridge all the way to Catford following the course of the River Ravensbourne.

I used to live in Ladywell on one side of it, then moved to Catford on the other. My football team played there when I was a boy, we always used to be in there for kickabouts and I had my bike nicked in there once too.

Ah, the memories ......
  • Options
    ive got asthma when i run out of inhalers in the past i used to find a paper bag, breath slowly in it and shud work;! my sis dont have asthma but has an inhaler so cud always pick one up thier £6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seriously Nolly, get it checked out, it could be asthma, and you just dont know it yet, I've been asthmatic for over 20 years, so is my son now, dont underestimate it.
  • Options
    will do da9, but never short of breath and relieved when running if anything.