Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alice in Chains

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Fug me, are they still going?

Just seen them on Jools Holland. Lead singer looks like someones dad in a comedy wig .

Still, looks like he's "lived a bit" I spose. Far cry from "Dirt" and the one before I can't remember now. Leroy, was it Facelift or something?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah it was Facelift Off-it.They're playing the Forum on Monday and Tuesday next week.
  • Options
    saw the show last night. was Steve martin fronting a band last night ? looked like him ,he was playing a banjo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]saw the show last night. was Steve martin fronting a band last night ? looked like him ,he was playing a banjo.

It was indeed GH, and although I thought he played the banjo very well he looked very uncomfortable about playing in front of an audience.
  • Options
    I thought SM was really talented...enjoyed what they played actually......although he did look a little wooden...maybe its the having no script thingy...

:-)
  • Options
    Off_It - new album is pretty good. Sounds just like the old AIC (not much of a shock, really, since Cantrell wrote all of it anyway, and did those sick harmonies during the singing). Well worth a listen. Not sure I'd bother seeing them live again though (seen them about ten times back in the day). Dirt is one of the top twenty albums ever released.
  • Options
    Back again with a new release in May. Promising stuff!

exclaim.ca/News/alice_in_chains_detail_devil_put_dinosaurs_here
  • Options
    Brilliant band.
  • Options
    That singer is awesome. He's like Layne reincarnated. Sounds perfect with Cantrell - their last album was fantastic.
  • Options
    One of the few metal bands that have never released a bad album. Black Gives Way To Blue was incredible, who ever thought a band could come back after 15 years with a new singer and produce that?
  • Options
    Facelift is one of my fave albums of all time. Absolute class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love Facelift - but it's all about Dirt for me. Ridiculously strong album
  • Options
    Jar of Flies was beautiful and Tripod has some very strong tracks on it. Just a shame they never got to tour that album due to Layne's troubles.
  • Options
    After reading this thread last night I thought it had been ages since I listened to Dirt and then realised why. It's on cassette tape! Off to the download sites I go!
  • Options
    Don't forget Sap as well. That EP was brilliant - Brother, Got Me Wrong and Am I Inside are immense.
  • Options
    Yep, got that on tape too!