Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How about this for a World Cup group draw:

England
South Africa
Australia
New Zealand

It'd be like the egg-chasing!

Comments

• Options
    Is that group a possibilty? I thought you had to have two european teams in each?
  • Options
    reckon the barmy army would turn up for that too.
  • Options
    Not biased to England then, no its not possible
  • Options
    There are many reasons why this isn't a possible group. One of which is mentioned by callumcafc, but I'm sure plenty folk would be annoyed if England weren't in the top seeds for the draw.
  • Options
    We are among the top seeds with Argentina , Brazil , Germans , Dutch , Italians , Spainish and South africans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]We are among the top seeds with Argentina , Brazil , Germans , Dutch , Italians , Spainish and South africans

Is that definite now Shag?...just that i read today that we might not get seeded as Fifa arent sure how they will work out the seeding.
  • Options
    Yeah just on SSN
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]We are among the top seeds with Argentina , Brazil , Germans , Dutch , Italians , Spainish and South africans

With the exception of South Africa, that looks about right (are the hosts always a top seed? I think Austria/Switzerland were for the Euro 2008, so guess they must be). I hope we avoid Portugal and Ivory Coast.
  • Options
    Portugal wouldnt be the end of the world. Means we wouldnt get knocked out by them on pens in the quarters!

England, Greece, Algeria, N Korea. Please.
  • Options

What's the betting that Platini's mob end up in South Africa's group? Jammy f*ckers.

Our best case scenario would probably be North Korea, Algeria and Slovenia.

Worst case Mexico, Ivory Coast, Portugal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would we want a walk through group though? Might be good to have at least one other decent side to sharpen us up a bit.
  • Options
    Are the Irish seeded?

What's that?

Oh............
  • Options
    we'll get France, Australia and the Ivory Coast, now that's a group of massive pain and death
  • Options
    or USA instead of the crims, anyway, you've got to beat the best to win the sodding thing anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]or USA instead of the crims, anyway, you've got to beat the best to win the sodding thing anyway

No you haven't
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]you've got to beat be the best to win the sodding thing
  • Options
    I m at sea with those ridiculous FIFA rankings.... how can France go up from 9th to 7th (oct - nov) move +73 points and England go from 7th to 9th -38 points ?? and if you take Portugal they go from 10th to 5th +139 ?? france and portugal were both in the playoffs to qualify. Also, another weird thing is that its up to the organising country to chose which rankings will determine the top seeds. What a joke
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]I m at sea with those ridiculous FIFA rankings.... how can France go up from 9th to 7th (oct - nov) move +73 points and England go from 7th to 9th -38 points ?? and if you take Portugal they go from 10th to 5th +139 ?? france and portugal were both in the playoffs to qualify. Also, another weird thing is that its up to the organising country to chose which rankings will determine the top seeds. What a joke
    Because they were playing competative matches (playoffs) whilst we were playing friendlies which dont carry the same number of ranking points.
  • Options
    Strange though isn't it ... because we are a better team and didn't need the playoffs, and therefore play friendlies, we fall down the rankings
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Strange though isn't it ... because we are a better team and didn't need the playoffs, and therefore play friendlies, we fall down the rankings
    Exactly...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fifa rankings guide

Use above link and in middle column at bottom, there is a pdf file explaining how the rankings are calculated (I dont know how to attach a pdf file to a thread)
  • Options
    The FIFA rankings arent worth a carrot in the long run. But to think that FIFA were considering using them to determine the seedings for the WC shows what a two bob outfit they are!
  • Options
    Just think of it like this, Fifa, led by Blatter and Platini (or is he Eufa whatever), is like Disneyland, Led by Mickey and Goofy!!

Thanks
  • Options
    Someone else can check, but I'm pretty sure Ireland went down in the FIFA rankings in November, and France went up. You might remember Ireland as the team that lost at home 1-0 to France and then beat them 1-0 away, and France are a much higher ranked country at that.

Baffling.

Nightmare group for England would be USA, Serbia and either Nigeria or Cote d'Ivoire, I think. Unless there's an obvious dangerous European team I'm forgetting about (I don't rate France or Portugal ahead of Serbia)

Dream group would be Slovakia, New Zealand and Algeria.