Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pacquiao v Cotto

2»

Comments

• Options
    good fight, pacman is class. thought it was a bit daft of the ref to step in at the point he did
  • Options
    was a ok fight,going one way though,be nice to see some even fights in the future,where you are on tenderhooks .
  • Options
    Got to be Pacman versus Floyd 'Money' Mayweather next, just to see who the best pound-for-pound fighter is - not sure who'd win either, my heart says Pacquiao but my head says Mayweather, his defence is just too good for Manny to break it down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]good fight, pacman is class. thought it was a bit daft of the ref to step in at the point he did

Make you right, after the beating Cotto had taken earlier it seemed a stupid time to stop the fight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Got to be Pacman versus Floyd 'Money' Mayweather next, just to see who the best pound-for-pound fighter is - not sure who'd win either, my heart says Pacquiao but my head says Mayweather, his defence is just too good for Manny to break it down.
    I think the size difference is what would do for Manny in this. No way Mayweather would go down to fight at anything like Manny's comfortable weight range, and Pacman would have to put too much weight on to be competitive against him. Can see it going ahead though, simply because Mayweather likes cash and he'll think Pacquiao can't beat him - and Pacman doesn't run from anyone. If it DOES happen, it would be right up there with historical fights.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]was a ok fight,going one way though,be nice to see some even fights in the future,where you are on tenderhooks .
    Sometimes it's awesome to see a masterclass though - Calzaghe destroying Lacy is one of my favoruite fights ever and Lacy didn't win a single round
  • Options
    An excellent fight last night.Pac oozes class.He was on the front foot from start to finish.The fellas lightning and i am now certain he would beat Mayweather.
  • Options
    agree calzaghe was awesome fight,but point im making is that watching this reminded of what boxing is becoming ,not real fifty fiftys anymore,mayweather will put manny in hes pocket,might shut up roach then,no real fights out there at the moment,getting a little bored of it,bring back the eighties!! and cotto deserved not to be stopped so late on.
  • Options
    Watched the replay at 9am. Managed to aoid the result.

Thought it was a cracking fight. Pacquiao is a scary whirling dervish of violence.I love the fact that he just does not stop coming forward.

In all honesty I believe 9/10 the fight would have been stopped in the 9th. I'm guessing the refs are under pressure not to step in too soon when there is a large HBP PPV audience.

Hats off to Cotto. Very brave to keep going. His face was a mess. A couple of nasty cuts, eyes virtually swollen shut and bleedig from mouth and nose.

My initial reaction to the stoppage was that it was wrong, I still think the ref should have let it go. Howeer, when you look at the moment the ref steps in in slow-mo the angle he is at makes it look like Cotto's legs were gone and that he was going down. He was actually just trying to twist away and it ended up looking like the ropes were holding him up.

Agree with many on here. Would love to see the Pacquiao vs Mayweather Jr match, but think the weight will be an issue. Mayweather doesn't "need" the fight so it will be on his terms. Meaning Manny will have to pile on the pounds....
  • Options
    fight would be at welter,maybe a kilo in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As above, the fight would be at 147lbs welterweight

Pacquiao looked pretty tidy at that last night and Cotto has a bit on him
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Clem - you say Mayweather doesn't need the fight but i think he does. I see Pacman as the new pound-for-pound king after he destroyed Hatton and Cotto in the past year. You could argue that Mayweather beat Marquez but Marquez moved up 2 weight classes and Floyd didn't even knock him out. Pacman was the one moving up and he knocked out Cotto.
    I can see Pacman beating Mayweather then taking on Mosley if he beats Berto. If he beats Mayweather and Mosley then he'll go down as one of boxings all time greats.
  • Options
    Mayweather says it's on.All Pac has to do is ask.

LINK
  • Options
    Think Pacquiao is brilliant. Had control of this fight from the start and it is amazing how well he has moved up the weights. When he unleashes combinations he does so at a speed you just don't see from others, really has an extra gear.

He does take shots though, his defence isn't his strength, and though he takes them well, i think this will ultimately be his downfall if he moves up another weight.
  • Options
    He won't be moving up again though, if he fights Mayweather it will be at the same weight he fought at Sunday morning. I can't see Mayweather going up to Light-Middle
  • Options
    I'd love to get out there for that fight if it goes ahead - boxing nights in Vegas are simply heaven.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'd love to get out there for that fight if it goes ahead - boxing nights in Vegas are simply heaven.

And an easier walk home than from the O2.
  • Options
    Lol - most definately!
  • Options
    It's pretty amazing that Pacquaio won his first title at 112 pounds and is now fighting and winning at 147.
  • Options
    Pacquaio has won a title at 7 different weights. That is awesome. Shows that he is not only a superb boxer but is also a supreme human being. Shows what dedication can get you. What a legend.