Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "You've got me to thank for the result today because ..." thread

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
#1. You've got me to thank for the result today because ... for the last few games - coinciding with our bad run - it doesn't matter if or how I voted in the pre-match poll I kept putting "Big Charlton win" in the comments.

I forgot to do it today.

Comments

• Options
    #2. I didn't go :-( Managed to watch most of it online though.
  • Options
    Todays game was won by Rachael off Countdown innit
  • Options
    3. At the start of the season, I voted that we'd lose in the poll, for similar reasons as Len, but I've been busy the last few weeks, so haven't got around to voting. This week I remembered to put us down to lose, and voila! Three points. The fact I didn't go as well ensured the large margin of victory.
  • Options
    4. It was almost my team selection bar Holden and racon and I ignored the result except when I came on 10 mins in!
  • Options
    I wasted my money backing MKD...But Im chuffed to bits that we won in that fashion
  • Options
    I went to my lucky turnstile even though the queue was longer for it. Unbeaten since going in to that one.
  • Options
    I brought my nephew to the game
  • Options
    it's clearly me. once again i pass on the opportunity to go yet pick every game that we lose to go to. got my tickets for yeovil which i am now swerving for the greater good.

there is only winner next week and it ain't for yeovil.
  • Options
    My "Fault".

Joked before the season started that I can't get me hair cut before we lose a Home game, and, Also use Turnstyle 31 for the Covered End Upper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]4. It was almost my team selection bar Holden and racon and I ignored the result except when I came on 10 mins in!

Sorry Dazzler, didn't realise you were a bird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because I said we were going to win before the game and everyone standing around me in the Lib looked at me funny.
  • Options
    I didn't watch. Can't remember the last time (or ever!) that I managed to see a match and we won!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]4. It was almost my team selection bar Holden and racon and I ignored the result except when Icame on10 mins in!

Sorry Dazzler, didn't realise you were a bird.

LMAO!!

Poor old Dazzler cops it again.

;o)
  • Options
    I am responsible for this victory. For the first time in ages, I managed not to listen to it at all on CAFC player. Clearly I won't be able to watch/listen to a game for the rest of the season.

Actually I blame myself for our demise, this less contact I have had with the club, be it in person on the tele/radio or over the internet the worse we have got. Last year I had no access to TV or internet and look what happened!
  • Options
    Because I brought an AFC Wimledon fan along.

He generally enjoyed it (esp the result). Only a little spoilt by an ignoramus in the Covered End at half-time who "invited him out" because he was wearing a Wimbledon hat... doh.
  • Options
    dear me what a saddo weegie,hope that didnt spoil hes enjoyment he must of loved that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dear me what a saddo weegie,hope that didnt spoil hes enjoyment he must of loved that.

He enjoyed the day, but did take his hat off after that - bit of a shame.

Now he's just seen New York Addick's blog too, so is even more suspect about Charlton fans. And there's me trying to persuade him to join us at the Southend and Millwall games as a lucky mascot...
  • Options
    i dont no why but that has made feel rather sad,tell him he is a fan of a proper club and wont be long till they stuff the franchise,up the real dons
  • Options
    Some one told me about that weegie, I don't give two hoots if I'm honest either way about the afc/mk dons thing but that's disgraceful behavour of one of our fans.
  • Options
    I wore my DMs.

(and a CAFC badge, and an AFC Wimbledon badge, and an old Guinness badge. But I think it was the DMs.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Weegie - some tit got arsey about an AFC Wimbledon hat? FFS... I'm sure there would have been enough people who'd forcibly made him see sense.
  • Options
    I could actually get onto Charlton Life to follow the thread, unlike the last two weekend games.

As it happpens I found a stream that, amazingly worked here in Thailand. Thank you to whoever came up with that one on the earlier thread.
  • Options
    I agree the stream in Thailand was excellent, Bangkokaddick. We won, of course, because I opened the first San Miguel Light before the game kicked off (I usually wait until kick off)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]My "Fault".

Joked before the season started that I can't get me hair cut before we lose a Home game, and, Also use Turnstyle 31 for the Covered End Upper.

Ah............ that explains the Mick Hucknall hair-do!
  • Options
    bromley addicks must be given the credit for the win.

The thought of facing an angry mob at Bromley on 10th december after a run of defeats made parky get right into the team leading to a great win.
  • Options
    I'm taking the credit and will be empolying the same tactic at Yeovil next Sat.....

....by going commando as soon as MKD scored.....

....by taking off my gloves. Remained gloveless until the final whistle.

There's commitment for you.
  • Options
    Was my first game this season.....
  • Options
    Just shown my Wimbledon friend this. He is very pleased at the reaction and his five minutes' of fame on this board.
  • Options
    Whenever we play near my birthday (13th November) it always is grim weather and we win 5-1. Anyone remember Notts County in 93?
  • Options
    We won cos i said no on the friday 'Would Ya'. First time for a very long time. Credit must also be given to Sarah Brown. Cheers minger.