Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

page 20 and 21 of the programme

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
confused me,alan cork,record agaisnt,dicky guy??????

Comments

• Options
    What's that in English, Nolly ....?

;o)
  • Options
    there write up,dickie guy wimbledon legend etc etc
  • Options
    Nope, still not with you. Run it past us again - S L O W L Y.
  • Options
    there history as if its theres..the cup final,wimbledon players.
  • Options
    Dickie Guy was a Wimbledon legend.

But, agree ..... it's not really relevant to Franchise FC today.
  • Options
    we got there in the end ,yes thats what i mean.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we got there in the end ,yes thats what i mean.

LMAO, Nolly !
  • Options
    Ahh .... well done nolly - got ya now!

Now, go and have a celebratory (wheezy) run around Ladywell rec.
    ;o)
  • Options
    i really dont have my daddys way with words. same mouth though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Dickie Guy was a Wimbledon legend.

But, agree ..... it's not really relevant to Franchise FC today.

It's very relevant to Wimbledon today as Dickie Guy is their chairman!

Disgrace that we put the wrong history in the programme and I will be taking it up with the marketing department.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a real disgrace weegie,made me feel sick.
  • Options
    weegie Dickie isn't the chairman he's there President,my old man lives next door to his brother.Spent a lot of my younger years watching Dickie at Wimbledon & Maidstone.
  • Options
    I played with Dickie a few times for(you just aint gonna believe this!) Millwall Juniors....................SE Counties back in the 60's.
  • Options
    sorry, but as far as i am concerned they are the same Wimbledon we played in the 80's & 90's

just playing somewhere else........ala Sunderland, Derby,Coventry, Cardiff, Swansea etc etc
  • Options
    theres always one.
  • Options
    SoundAs take that back!

That's quite a good anecdote Dickie Guy's a right legend, and playing with him for anyone is a right good story.

Phooey and boo to the MK Dons. They should really change the Dons bit to their name as well. Dickie Guy and his boys have the history and that's that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Spent a lot of my younger years watching Dickie at Wimbledon & Maidstone.

Can't you get arrested for that
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]SoundAs take that back!

That's quite a good anecdote Dickie Guy's a right legend, and playing with him for anyone is a right good story.

Phooey and boo to the MK Dons. They should really change the Dons bit to their name as well. Dickie Guy and his boys have the history and that's that.

I remember one evening at The Den in training...I was put through about three or four times (I played right wing) and I had a one on one with him each time.
    He bloody saved each shot...I remember there were a few of the top bods watching that evening....I didn't last long after that. I remember going home that night and thinking, Jeez I really blew it!
    So bitter sweet memories of Dickie for me...he was a really nice fella though as I remember....from that side only two went on to sign pro forms with Millwall...Dickie and Terry Nelson....Dickie went on to be a full pro(though not with Millwall) but Terry never made the grade either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Spent a lot of my younger years watching Dickie at Wimbledon & Maidstone.

Can't you get arrested for that

His case comes up next week!