Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Left midfield?

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Just a thought i know Dave Martin who plays for the spanners very well.He is a big CAFC fan so is his family he can't get a start 4 spanners at the mo. He is very fast and has a great left foot in deadball situations. Might be worth a look?

Comments

• Options
    or we could keep racon there!
  • Options
    I think we need to limit the amount of players coming in at the moment, that has been the problem the last couple of years. Chopping and changing.

Racon did very well. Think he suits the winger position as the ball seems to stick to his feet.
  • Options
    Surprised Martin isn't getting in the Millwall team, been impressed the couple of times i have seen him
  • Options
    I support Charlton and I'm not good enough to get in Millwall's first team. Can we sign me instead?
  • Options
    Millwall have started playing very narrow in order to tighten midfield up due to their early poor form. Its worked a treat for them as they are now unbeaten in eight ? I doubt KJ would want to upset the applecart by using width until he feels it totally necessary. Martin is a decent player but not I think surplus to requirements at The Den just out of the current team.
  • Options
    Even the on loan Reading winger Henry who's been brilliant for them isn't starting at the moment
  • Options
    I thought Luke Holden did well in his cameo role against Saints. He did look better on the right though.
  • Options
    Personally i think LM is a problem area as Bailey simply has to stay in the centre now.
    Yeovil will give us a good indication of how Racon can fare out wide but i feel he has a tendency to go missing in away games.
  • Options
    Keep Racon there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Surely I'm winning on exclamation marks now?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Keep Racon there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Surely I'm winning on exclamation marks now?)

We heard you the first time. Obviously he'll stay there for now but do you really think he's the answer out wide? His natural instinct is to come inside all the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LM has been a problem for many years.

In the late Nineties we were quite well stacked up in this role with the likes of Mortimer , Robson and Walsh but since then we do not seem to sign many genuine left footers.

Over the last ten years it has only been genuinely sorted out when Andy Reid signed. Apart from this I always felt Konchesky was a better LM than LB and but he left us partly because he believed that Curbs played him out of position and preferred Left Back . I think Basey has potential as well . His delivery up pitch at dead ball situations is impressive but as a long term solution I am unconvinced. I think Holden could have potential but maybe as an impact sub not as an integral squad member .

The other lefties were ( to my memory ) oldies or injury prone like Barnes ,Salako and Blomqvist or loans like Bouzza and Cook. Stephen Hughes failed to play for us and Curbs did not want to pay £500 000 for Julian Gray.

Otherwise we have used the likes of Thomas and Ambrose to 'cut in'.

In all I would like a genuine leftie to give the squad some balance not neccesarily to break into the side straight away.
  • Options
    Another geniune leftie was Neil Heaney
  • Options
    I'd have Basey at left midfield. IMHO, he's too slow to be a defender but would provide cover for Youga when he bombs forward. He can also put in a half decent cross. Did well in that position against Norwich last year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I'd have Basey at left midfield. IMHO, he's too slow to be a defender but would provide cover for Youga when he bombs forward. He can also put in a half decent cross. Did well in that position against Norwich last year
    fair shout