Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Playing MP4 files (Olympus)

As well as photos from my Olympus camera, I can record video with sound - the files can be copied to my PC and come as MP4 files.

I cannot find anyway of playing them ... any suggestions gratefully received!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Real player or Quicktime should
  • Options
    yes agree. i've got an olympus and use quicktime to pla them. you should have got a disk with camera for loading the software
  • Options
    Nifty little player called VLC Media Player is avaliable for free download if you dont have quicktime. That'll play them, is very useful I find. Plays pretty much everything & comes with a ton of codecs unlike Media Player.
  • Options
    Keep buying olympus cameras boys and girls, i work for olympus and we need the money ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carey_Valley[/cite]Keep buying olympus cameras boys and girls, i work for olympus and we need the money ;-)

SPAM ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hey ! i'm not bald ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]yes agree. i've got an olympus and use quicktime to pla them. you should have got a disk with camera for loading the software
    Tried Quicktime - it plays the sound fine but the picture is a green scramble :-(

... I shall try VLC (not that I have any idea what a codec is)

Thanks!
  • Options
    VLC will work, does for me. A codec is basically something that plays compressed videos.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thanks Polo .... that is progress!
    VLC sort of plays it - it only shows the top left quartile (approx) of the film though - any suggestions re: settings? I have tried the obvious with zoom etc.
    Sound is good :-)

Cheers.
  • Options
    Sounds very strange, have got loads of MP4 files and never had a problem like that. Where did the file(s) originate from?

Could always try Ace DivX Player, not tried it but heard it plays MP4s as well. You may have to search under All Files though when loading it. Link below mate.

DivX