Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE WIND SAVED US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM A 2-0 DEFEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    so true.
  • Options
    Their goal wouldnt have happened without wind.
  • Options
    get real
  • Options
    You arent gonna be here long pal......
  • Options
    its been to long already
  • Options
    Yeah - twenty years too long.
  • Options
    the wind saved them from getting done 6-1, it practicslly blew one of our attempts wide.
  • Options
    same for both sides.

Fact is we went in 2 - 1 up despite them having the wind behind them 1st half.

2nd half with the wind behind us we played the conditions much better, whipping the ball into the box which constantly caused them to panic. See Bailey's two shots that hit the bar and forced a tip over plus plenty of others including Sodje's goal.

Also Burton's goal came from a clearance met by Lloyd (no assists, no end product) Sam on the edge of the box, flicked on and 5 - 1
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jonathan acworth[/cite]FROM A 2-0 DEFEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
    dont talk total boll--ks wot planet are u on incey must be one of your best mates .
  • Options
    oh please God be a hoaxer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This was one of the few occasions I have been to a game and at half time predicted a 4 or 5 -1 scoreline. The fact we were 2-1 up at half time against the wind was one of the most impressive aspects.

I think even if MKD had gone 2 up I think we would have recovered . I thought Dailly was pushed BEFORE he handled as did the Ref.

We have regained 'the gap' . Now we need to go on a run again and extend this
  • Options
    MK not being awarded a penalty had as much impact as the wind.

Have to agree with Henry, wind affected both sides. Who knows what the score would have been without it.
  • Options
    If Youga didn't clear off the line and we went 2-0 down the game would have been completely different. But how many times have we lost games due to bad luck? It's a funny old game.

The better team won on Saturday.
  • Options
    On Soccer Saturday, Mullery waffled on about a stone wall penalty for us at 1-1 when Mooney was pushed over in the box by the last defender. As I have heard nothing else about it, can I assume Mooney fell over his own feet and Mullers eyes are not what they were?
  • Options
    is 15 exclamation marks a record ?
    :-)
  • Options
    No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Their goal, the wind took it over Richardson and then I'm pretty sure from where I sat the wind helped it fly past Ikeme
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]On Soccer Saturday, Mullery waffled on about a stone wall penalty for us at 1-1 when Mooney was pushed over in the box by the last defender. As I have heard nothing else about it, can I assume Mooney fell over his own feet and Mullers eyes are not what they were?

I remember one incident when Mooney was played through by Sam and then took a dive/was fouled by the keeper (delete as appropriate) but he was offside so it didn't matter anyway.

There was another bit of mayhem in their area in the first half where Mooney/Burton was adjudged to have fouled their keeper for jumping to win a header. It did look like that could've been given the other way.

In conclusion, I don't remember a stone wall penalty for us.
  • Options
    It was a decent strike by Wilbraham (?spelling) irrespective of the wind but Ikeme was way off his line and in my view was at fault. Those around me felt the same too.

My view was from behind the goal incidentally.
  • Options
    Difficult to know whether Ikeme was at fault for the goal. Regardless, he made up for it with a cracking save to his left and looked a lot more assured in the air today - especially considering the conditions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way Ikeme was at fault for the goal.
    Play was a long way out so he was right to be standing where he was. Sometimes you've just gotta say great strike and no one's to blame.
  • Options
    Did Mcfranchise score another five goals? No, irrespective of whether the ref should have given them a penalty etc. You have to take your chances. That's the nature of the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]On Soccer Saturday, Mullery waffled on about a stone wall penalty for us at 1-1 when Mooney was pushed over in the box by the last defender. As I have heard nothing else about it, can I assume Mooney fell over his own feet and Mullers eyes are not what they were?

I remember one incident when Mooney was played through by Sam and then took a dive/was fouled by the keeper (delete as appropriate) but he was offside so it didn't matter anyway.

There was another bit of mayhem in their area in the first half where Mooney/Burton was adjudged to have fouled their keeper for jumping to win a header. It did look like that could've been given the other way.

In conclusion, I don't remember a stone wall penalty for us.

Thanks dabos.
  • Options
    That wind was biased.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]That wind was biased.

Hope none of the Sky 4 managers are reading this...
  • Options
    Perhaps we should buy a couple of huge wind turbines and mount them on the roof of the North Stand pointing at the half way line ?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Perhaps we should buy a couple of huge wind turbines and mount them on the roof of the North Stand pointing at the half way line ?

Good idea but surely on top of the Jimmy south stand and only turn them on in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]oh please God be a hoaxer!

No way, I'm looking forward to a long list of non-league starlets being proposed as the way forward.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]oh please God be a hoaxer!

No way, I'm looking forward to a long list of no-league starlets being proposed as the way forward.

I'm surprised he hasn't already suggested we buy half of Northwich's team
  • Options
    sure he would have if he hadn't already been banned.