Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Edward Woodward

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Callan dies. As does a little bit of me.

Why has Edward Woodward got so many D's in his name?

Cos he'd sound silly if he was called Ewar Woowar!*

What do you call a man with three pieces of wood on his head?
Edward Woodward

What do you call a man with four pieces of wood on his head?
(gee, I dunno)
I don't know either, but Edward Woodward would.

Comments

• Options
    RIP Edward
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Expect yet another showing of the massively over rated and totally not scary Wicker Man. What a rubbish film! It's not even Britt Ekland’s arse!
    He always came across as a nice bloke in interviews etc but I thought his acting was over the top. Poor man's Michael Caine.
  • Options
    RIP. Always loved watching Callan in the sixties. Remember his sidekick, Lonely?
  • Options
    Remember watching a Series called the Equaliser which I quite liked that had him as the main character.

RIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]RIP. Always loved watching Callan in the sixties. Remember his sidekick, Lonely?

Yeah, I think Lonely was a Palace fan : - )

Always remember the swinging light bulb

Thought he was great in Breaker Morant.

Funny in Hot Fuzz as well.
  • Options
    RIP. Breaker Morant - so underrated.
  • Options
    RIP - Great actor.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Will always remember him as Callan, with Patrick Mower and Anthony Valentine and Russell Hunter as the hygenically challenged Lonely. His best film I think was indeed the Australian made 'Breaker Morant' . RIP and thanks.
  • Options
    RIP...

Married to Michele Dotrice, Betty in "Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]RIP. Breaker Morant - so underrated.

agree. will have to try and get it on DVD
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    RIP.

theequalizer.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Expect yet another showing of the massively over rated and totally not scary Wicker Man. What a rubbish film! It's not even Britt Ekland’s arse!
    He always came across as a nice bloke in interviews etc but I thought his acting was over the top. Poor man's Michael Caine.

Surely you're missing the point somewhat Chirpy re The Wicker Man. It's become a classic of it's kind(quinticentialy British in it's style and mood)...not exactly frightening I agree, more disturbing I'd say...particularly the ending.
    A classic and historic piece of British cinema in my opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]RIP...

who was also the little girl in Mary Poppins
  • Options
    Just read somewhere that he was born in Croydon.
  • Options
    The Wicker Man is probably my favourite film of all time - it's not particularly scary but I love it on so many levels, not least of which is the brilliant soundtrack.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Expect yet another showing of the massively over rated and totally not scary Wicker Man. What a rubbish film! It's not even Britt Ekland’s arse!

Surely you're missing the point somewhat Chirpy re The Wicker Man. It's become a classic of it's kind(quinticentialy British in it's style and mood)...not exactly frightening I agree, more disturbing I'd say...particularly the ending.
    A classic and historic piece of British cinema in my opinion.

I agree with SoundAs.
    The ending is quite shocking the first time you see it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]RIP...

who was also the little girl in Mary Poppins

I think that was Karen Dotrice.
    Probably related. Anyone know?
  • Options
    Yes, sister, daughters of actor Roy Dotrice.
  • Options
    He was also in Who Dares Wins and Champions, for some reason films that are not that good but I have them on DVD/Video!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Fantastic actor, down to earth man. Such a strong body of work. RIP Edward Woodward.Legend.