Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dreamland Margate.

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Great news for the great old Dreamland.

They have been awarded £3.7 mill to rebuild the place. They already have many older style rides in storage, and ready to be put up.

They will be running the place as a heritage park, so they'll have all the rides they the "older" person should know and love.

They expect to be up and running in 2012.

Comments

• Options
    I wondered what happened to that place.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    MMMM considering it is one of the most smack ridden towns in the UK with over 60% of people who live there smacked up the whole time dont think it has much hope sorry Margate.
  • Options
    Agreed. Margate has lost its charm and i remember when i was about 10 it was bad then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]MMMM considering it is one of the most smack ridden towns in the UK with over 60% of people who live there smacked up the whole time dont think it has much hope sorry Margate.
    Do you have a source for that piecve of information?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]MMMM considering it is one of the most smack ridden towns in the UKwith over 60% of people who live there smacked up the whole timedont think it has much hope sorry Margate.
    Do you have a source for that piecve of information?

I have a freinds there and none of them go anywhere near 'smack'....a hell of an exageration I'd say 1986!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]MMMM considering it is one of the most smack ridden towns in the UK with over 60% of people who live there smacked up the whole time dont think it has much hope sorry Margate.

LOL
  • Options
    Went there out of curiosity last summer and......well it`s a dump these days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]MMMM considering it is one of the most smack ridden towns in the UKwith over 60% of people who live there smacked up the whole timedont think it has much hope sorry Margate.

hahaha Rupert, you do tell some fantastic lies.
  • Options
    People just scattered on the streets smacked up.
  • Options
    "Bitch !"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

hahaha Rupert, you do tell some fantastic lies.
    I can't work out whether or not he's a troll.
  • Options
    it wont be profiting from the smack heads that live there. just the smackheads that visit.
  • Options
    Think I'll prefer to remember it in it's '50s glory when the whole family went down there at weekends. The wooden 'Scenic Railway' and the Water Splash, happy days. Mind you Southend's Kursaal wasn't bad and it had a Wall of Death, health and safety have probably finished them off: anyone know of one?