Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is there any lifer that are plummbers

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Can anyone help my boiler wont fire up, I had a major water leak from my tank in the airing cupboard, repaired the leak and put it back together. It fires up for a couple of minutes but then cuts out before heating the water or the coil inside the tank

Any advice....

Comments

• Options
    its f**ked!
  • Options
    Thanks mate trust a chippy
  • Options
    electrical fault in the boiler.
  • Options
    you have an air lock. The boiler is firing up and its probably heating air going out on temp strt away. or check the pump is running.
  • Options
    Thanks boys check all value to pump jammed sorted now tho

Just gotta clean up the water now
  • Options
    I've got a similar problem but not as serious. No need to reply -just thought I'd mention it.
  • Options
    My boiler won't fire up either - I think it's called the menapause.
  • Options
    AFKA and his Bro are the people you need..

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]Can anyone help my boiler wont fire up, I had a major water leak from my tank in the airing cupboard, repaired the leak and put it back together. It fires up for a couple of minutes but then cuts out before heating the water or the coil inside the tank

Any advice....

I had something similar - without the leak. The boiiler would come on and then switch off. It turns out the fan went, an expensive problem - £65 for the call out and £325 to fit it.
  • Options
    for a while our boiler wouldn't fire up, we used to have to hit it, to make it kick in - strangely since the heating has been back on its been fine and not cut out halfway through showers or antyhing! hoping it gets us through the winter as we defo cannot afford to get it fixed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Somewhat unrelated (but being good using the search function), can any plumber on here advise how much it is to replace a water storage tank in my loft? Just had the survey come back from the surveyor and I'm told the tank is metal and is rusting and could be at risk of leaking so I'm advised to replace it ASAP.
  • Options
    can any plumber on here tell me why you can get a telescopic p trap in 40mm (kitchen sink size) but not in 32mm (hand basin size)?