Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ikeme leaves us and joins Sheff Utd.

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Blackwell after Prem keeper on loan at another club

Could well be Ikeme, especially with Elliot on his way back. Anyone else got any ideas who it could be?

Comments

• Options
    Could be Mannone from Arsenal now Almunia is back but guess it depends on Fabianski
    Iain Turner from Everton is another option as is Stockdale from Fulham
  • Options
    Heaton of Man U is at Rochdale.

Can't see Wolves wanting Ikeme to bench warm at the Blades as Blackburn's Mark Bunn is already there.

However, Ikeme's loan is up after Yeovil and Bristol Rovers.
  • Options
    Probably is Ikeme. We always seemed to get screwed over on these loan deals.
  • Options
    i hope so, as long as elliot's fit again. or maybe parky has finally got a lil bit of faith in DR

Although i doubt it is him :-(
  • Options
    I'm sure we'd cope.
  • Options
    Bunn is inj at sheff united agree with

* cafcdan18
    * CommentTime1 day ago

quote# 2
    Could be Mannone from Arsenal now Almunia is back but guess it depends on Fabianski
    Iain Turner from Everton is another option as is Stockdale from Fulham

stockdale was superb for leicester city last season
  • Options
    Sheffield Utd fans seem to think he will be signing for them this week.
  • Options
    No better than Randolph from what I've seen. No real loss if he goes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]No better than Randolph from what I've seen. No real loss if he goes.

Unless Robbie E is close to full fitness, we'd have to get another keeper in on loan though. And given Parky presumably chose to get in the best keeper he could, this surely would be a loss.
  • Options
    I think if his loan spell had been a bit more succesful, then I could understand the worry, but given what we've seen and Parky clearly feels he has to play him in every game regardless of performace, that I'd be more than happy to see Randolph getting the games that he deserves and getting somebody else in as a back-up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly how far off full fitness is Elliot?
  • Options
    reckon Robbie will be fit for Brighton next week - we'll play Ikeme tomorrow night and then he can go. As others have said, no great loss and I'm sure Randolph would have been just as good (or bad)
  • Options
    yep, Robbie back for Brighton, Randolph able deputy, by bye Ikeme. No better than Randolph imo, could helped Sam out a bit more on Saturday but seemed indecisive. Would be no great loss imo. Now just need Omosuzi and Mooney to bugger off.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Now just need Omosuzi and Mooney to bugger off.[/quote]

Mooney? Agreed about Omuzusi but would like Mooney to stay.
  • Options
    Will be signing for Sheff Utd in the next couple of hours i'm hearing. Let's hope Elliot is on the road to recovery.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Will be signing for Sheff Utd in the next couple of hours i'm hearing. Let's hope Elliot is on the road to recovery.
    We do hope indeed.
  • Options
    Called it! ha
  • Options
    Randolph is more than capable and Elliott isn't far off a return so it's no big concern.
  • Options
    Didn't do a bad job for us, Elliot will be fit soon so Ikeme was only ever going to be a short gap loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will we miss him .....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Will we miss him .....?

Only if Robbie isn't fit for another couple of weeks, we don't get a keeper in and Randolph gets injured/sent off before/during the Brighton game. Will be interesting to see whether we get another keeper on loan - that will give us the biggest indication on how close Elliot is to full fitness.
  • Options
    Thought he performed well enough................no complaints from me anyway, though difficult to say how good he was as we hit a bit of decent form just at the very moment he started playing for us.
  • Options
    Randolph can do a job for this week, but who goes on the bench?
  • Options
    Not to worried, Elliot was not far away for the Yeovil game so hopefully he will be close to full fitness by Brighton. If not start Randolph and keep Elliot on bench for emergency.
  • Options
    Just a shame we had to undermine Randolph in the first place. For someone who was always going to have his allegiances elsewhere as evidenced by his speedy exit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Just a shame we had to undermine Randolph in the first place. For someone who was always going to have his allegiances elsewhere as evidenced by his speedy exit.

Maybe but our allegiances are clearly with Rob Elliot and Ikeme has left to a higher placed club who i would imagine are able to pay more of his wages than we were. It was always going to be difficult to keep him in the circumstances.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Just a shame we had to undermine Randolph in the first place. For someone who was always going to have his allegiances elsewhere as evidenced by his speedy exit.[/quote]

Err! his loan ran out after the Rovers game, we did not tie him up, he was sent by his club to another club and he accepted, what has he done wrong in all this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Just a shame we had to undermine Randolph in the first place. For someone who was always going to have his allegiances elsewhere as evidenced by his speedy exit.

Maybe but our allegiances are clearly with Rob Elliot and Ikeme has left to a higher placed club who i would imagine are able to pay more of his wages than we were. It was always going to be difficult to keep him in the circumstances.

I wouldn't bank on it. Parky has already said that Randolph can go in January if he's not in the first team and by defintion that means bringing in another keeper. And that keeper won't be brought in with the intention of him sitting on the bench a la Randolph for the duration of his contract.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Err! his loan ran out after the Rovers game, we did not tie him up, he was sent by his club to another club and he accepted, what has he done wrong in all this

It's not Ikeme's motives I'm questioning.