Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car Parking Fines - JPT against Barnett 6/10

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Hi
I parked in a space near the station whch is normally restricted parking on the evening of the JPT match against Barnet. However, there was no sign resticting the parking and myself and another guy parked cars. Came back, Car removed and £120 fine which was reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days. We both challenged as there was no signage restricting when we parked at about 18:55, but they have sent with their response a photo of my car at 19:19 and the restricting sign at 19:20. Now i am sure the sign was there when the photo as taken but not when we parked but i cannot prove it. . They said in their response has been that the signs are put up by the contractor days in advance. So, situation now is that i can challenge but i cannot prove the sign was not there, nor i suspect they can prove that it was, but if i do challenge again i lose the right to pay reduced fee. Shall i chalk this down to experience and being too lazy to walk, or can anyone shed any light on when the signs were put up? Anyone else caught out at the same time?

Comments

• shame u dont know the other parker as u could join forces and insist the sign wasnt there and it surely the onus would be on them to prove. there so many shyster companies out there as well.

if u can afford the extra fucking appeal it especially if u are tht sure the sign wasn;t there. whats to stop them putting signs up anywhwere and just ticketing people as they feel like it.
  • As the CPZ parking restrictions in most of the streets around the station end at 6.30pm anyway, and there wasn't a big crowd, perhaps the problem shouldn't have arisen?
  • they did that to 100's of us in the PC world carpark in a night game aginst Grimbsy ( ithink) the season we had just come down from the prem 1st time around, They had put a sign right in front of my bonnet and tried to tell me it was there when i parked (it was not) they did this to about 50 cars and they took a right pounding from people who were fuming, The OB turned up and got them to remove the clamps without payment as every one said the same thing there was no sign up when we parked,

There was people kicking these dodgy bstds all over the car park quite funny really these big beef heads trying to intimidate old people and those with kids into paying £170 when about 20 chaps came over saw their vehicles clamped and went fooking nuts.

The mouthy fat bstds wernt giving it the big un for long
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]shame u dont know the other parker as u could join forces and insist the sign wasnt there and it surely the onus would be on them to prove. there so many shyster companies out there as well.

if u can afford the extra fucking appeal it especially if u are tht sure the sign wasn;t there. whats to stop them putting signs up anywhwere and just ticketing people as they feel like it.

I do know him, we parked and got back to our cars at the same time and swopped numbers. I could afford the cash i suppose just cannot be bothered with the hassle.
  • Go for the fight.

Say that 2 motorists are unlikely to have made the same mistake about the signage.

They can tell how many tickets were issued at the same time/place and would have to disclose this as evidence if the matter came to arbitration.
  • A similar thing happened to me , I was parked on a Bus lane on the Walworth Road near to East Street market. It was a Sunday so there were no restrictions but I had my disabled mother with me and parked as near as possible for her, also the disabled badge was displayed. On my return the car was gone at first I believed it was stolen but speaking to the police they said it had been towed away to Nine Elms car pound . I got a cab there had a row paid the fees fine etc., and got my car back. I then after numerous letters and refusing to back down got a full refund including my cab fare. It was worth it in the end just for the sense of satisfaction of putting a wrong right.
  • edited November 2009
    I beat Bromley Council in a case of driving in a bus lane a couple of years ago.

Check the road morkings and as much of the signage as you can. Take mesurements of the lettering & signage and compare it with the guidelines laid out in the road traffic act.

I'n my case the bus lane makings on the road were 10cm too close together. It took me two appeal hearings, neither of which Bromley bothered to turn up for, but the fine was overturned.

Good luck
  • We've got a night game next week, you could get there about the same time and see if such a sign is in place then?
    It won't prove anything about the night you parked there, but if there isn't a sign there it'll make you even more certain you are in the right to appeal.
  • http://www.parkingappeals.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=467
  • Are these the temporary, card type signs that appear on lamposts only on matchdays? I've often wondered about the legality of those as they seem to be handwritten and tied on with a bit of string : surely something more worthwhile is required to meet the regs. I've had a look at LB Greenwich's parking info site before but couldn't find anything on this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ellis Addick how long ago was that then? there have been no bus lanes on the Walworth Road for at least the last 4 years?