Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is this fair grounds for getting rid of the missus?

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
I just got home from work and I swear it was the 17th November today, I walk through the door to be greeted by a stonking great Christmas tree sparkling away at me! Christmas is now cancelled in my eyes! I don't think even the shops have them up yet!

Comments

• Options
    Should be happy that you didnt have to help put it up.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So by the time you take it down, it would have been up for nearly a quarter of a year, hardcore, impressive. The place will seem very bare when its gone though, like losing a family pet!?
  • Options
    I keep my Christmas tree up til like June/July, cba taking it down, too much effort
  • Options
    I have just been forced to go out and spend £50 on one. It is not, i repeat not, going up until the 1st of December.
  • Options
    In answer to the question, yes.

It's still November FFS.
  • Options
    seen a few houses with their lights all done already.

House down Broad Walk, Kidbrooke is like bloomin Lapland every year. Love to know their leccy bill
  • Options
    I told the other half that I'm gonna buy one of those tinsel efforts not seen in a british front room since about 1978 and festoon it with cheap chocolate and a set of those B&Q lights that have just had to be recalled.
    She asked me to take her to bluewater THREE weeks ago to do christmas shopping!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]seen a few houses with their lights all done already.

House down Broad Walk, Kidbrooke is like bloomin Lapland every year. Love to know their leccy bill

I know the one you mean, my kids live up Whetstone Road, must be bloody horrendous bill, looks good though, I'm all for it, but I am traditionalist at home, up 13th Dec, Down 6th January.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]seen a few houses with their lights all done already.

They have got proper large magnets on the meter, or tapped into next doors!
  • Options
    yep
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Broad Walk xmas lights are done by two brothers. They live opposite sides of the road, and both their houses go OTT. The lights are up now but not turnedon. I noticed last year they only had the lights on from about 7-10PM. As saod the elec bill must hurt.

Was in Bluewater yesterday a few bits and bobs about, didnt really see to much xmas stuff except in Clinton cards.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

there's an house in Hayes that does his house up it bloody amazing - he does it for charity ,allegedly, has a collection box in front of his house.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

there's an house in Hayes that does his house up it bloody amazing - he does it for charity ,allegedly, has a collection box in front of his house.

I know the one. In Hayes Lane opposite Ravensbourne School.

Does it every year and there is a collection box. Used to take Henry Jnr when he was younger.

BTW Lady Irving is turning on the Xmas lights in Bromley this Thursday. Well, her rock choir are singing while some soap star flicks the switch.
  • Options
    Hayes Lane Xmas House http://www.wuronga.me.uk/helen/pic_dsp.html?Image=Images/Hayes_Lane_20061203_IMGP5128_ed.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]I just got home from work and I swear it was the 17th November today, I walk through the door to be greeted by a stonking great Christmas tree sparkling away at me! Christmas is now cancelled in my eyes! I don't think even the shops have them up yet!

Pat darling , don't wind me up !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

I know the one. In Hayes Lane opposite Ravensbourne School.

Does it every year and there is a collection box. Used to take Henry Jnr when he was younger.

BTW Lady Irving is turning on the Xmas lights in Bromley this Thursday. Well, her rock choir are singing while some soap star flicks the switch.

My mum goes rock choir in bromley! i'm going next Monday with her as its "open evening". a bit like parents evening but the other way round obviously! wonder if its the same one.
  • Options
    In the Methodist place? Must be as I will be there on Monday.

have had Happy Day, Get happy etc playing on the Ruth's iPod for weeks.

Should be good. See you there.
  • Options
    apparently you can go as a spectator in the gallery or join in with a song sheet and get involved - my mums printed off the song sheet and text me to say "i'm in"

great!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]apparently you can go as a spectator in the gallery or join in with a song sheet and get involved - my mums printed off the song sheet and text me to say "i'm in"

great!

Ruth never said that to me. Then again she has heard me sing : - )

I will bring a camera then!
  • Options
    Should be illegal before Dec 1 if not later
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes it is grounds, acts like that completely ruin it and your wife shoudl take it down.

the people in the estate opposite have their fairy lights up have done for over a week now. ridiculous.
  • Options
    Bah! Humbug!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    oops wrong thread