Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Julian Gray ?

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Julian Gray has been released by Barnsley.He was on month to month contracts so he is a free agaent.

Before anyone points out that he is ex Palace etc.

I'm suggesting that in League One as an experienced left footed wide man he could offer the squad something different. Having played seven games for the Tykes he would be match fit.

Comments

• Options
    Nay, nay, thrice nay
  • Options
    Lewisham boy and Dowie's love child so no.
  • Options
    I think he is a good player, but depends on how we rate Holden's potential really. but i dont see why no harm signing him for a month and see how he gets on
  • Options
    My initial view was the same as Henrey and Peanuts, mainly due to him appearing to be an utter prick with fading ability, but a left footed wideman available on a free drinking at last chance saloon might be worth a trial
  • Options
    We were linked with him back in Curbs' days as I remember.
  • Options
    More than linked, didn't he play for us for a bit.
  • Options
    wasnt he on loan with us
  • Options
    Played a few games one preseason I recall
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite]More than linked, didn't he play for us for a bit.

Not as far as I know.

As regards signing him, no. He's drifted from club to club over the last few years. Doubtless he's still got something to offer but I can't see that he's going to be the sort of player who'll be part of a team that is supposed to be pushing for promotion. A shame a few years ago I thought he was going to be a decent player, another who hasn't fulfilled their potential.
  • Options
    Reminds of Jerome Thomas....so, no!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've worked of late trying to get the right characters in, lets not slip back into old habits so soon.

From the 'School of Jerome Thomas' of wasted talent.
  • Options
    Stop copying me AFKA....;)
  • Options
    No no no
  • Options
    you copied me, i'm just slow at typing !
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite]More than linked, didn't he play for us for a bit.

Not as far as I know.

As regards signing him, no. He's drifted from club to club over the last few years. Doubtless he's still got something to offer but I can't see that he's going to be the sort of player who'll be part of a team that is supposed to be pushing for promotion. A shame a few years ago I thought he was going to be a decent player, another who hasn't fulfilled their potential.

He was certainly with us for a while. I remember seeing him hit the bar at training.
  • Options
    Maybe he had a trial then?
  • Options
    Curbs didn't want him so that is good enough for me.
  • Options
    Think he scored in one friendly (at Peterboro possibly???) Had the feeling at the time that Curbishley was keen but the player wasn't. But that was then. He has also played quite a bit at left back so could offer further cover there. Bottom line is....money. If we can afford him, he completes the squad....if we can't, too bad.
  • Options
    He played QPR away pre season friendly.
    And no, dont sign him
  • Options
    We've been linked with this guy every transfer window for the past 3 years!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keston is right.

Know someone who knew his agent and we was close to signing on a couple of times near the end of Curbs / Dowie period
  • Options
    Well remembered Keston...QPR away Aug 2003...scored in a 3-1 win (just found it in the CAFC book).
  • Options
    No doubt the lad has a talent but he has not been a success anywhere to my knowledge. Not sure Charlton are in a position to take a gamble on another player who doesn`t have the attitude we need at the moment. Would rather go for a player who is hungry and keen to impress. God knows who though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite] Would rather go for a player who is hungry and keen to impress. God knows who though.

Holden. Can't say if he is good enough but should be hungry for it.
  • Options
    Forget Gray, let's sign Darren Purse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Would rather go for a player who is hungry and keen to impress. God knows who though.

Holden. Can't say if he is good enough but should be hungry for it.

Exactly the type of player I mean Henry. I have never seen Holden so can`t comment on his ability but certainly I would prefer to see him given at least a chance ahead of the likes of Gray.
  • Options
    Worth signing on a week to week deal IMO
  • Options
    No thanks, as said you get the impression he's another Jerome Thomas, moving around from club to club, always gets another chance but rarely does anything.
  • Options
    Didn't he want more money than we would pay?
  • Options
    Leaving aside old prejudices, he would surely be a good acquisition for league 1.
    A guy with a very good left foot for no money.
    He would be playing for a contract.