Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youth Cup - Charlton v Woking

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
I'll stick a few updates up in here.

If anybody else is at the game, then please pitch in.

7pm KO at The Valley if anyone is thinking about it

Comments

• Options
    Team is up on CAFC Twitter
    Subs: Howard, Morris, Harriott, Camacho, Popo (GH)
    2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Charlton: Binks; Jenkinson, Carter, Cousins, Mambo; Warren, Anderson, Pell, Bellamy; Tuna, Perkins (GH)
    2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

One change from Charlton's last FA Youth Cup clash. Freddie Warren comes in on the right of midfield; Connor Morris drops to bench (GH)
    3 minutes ago from TweetDeck
  • Options
    @bigdl on twitter for updates as well.
  • Options
    1-0 Tuna
  • Options
    1 0 charlton 10 mins. Long range shot from anderson scuffed into path tuna. 1 touch, back of the net.

2 0 charlton 11 mins, tuna on half volley from 12 yards
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]1 0 charlton 10 mins. Long range shot from anderson scuffed into path tuna. 1 touch, back of the net.

OS called it an Anderson through pass. OS trying to make the goal sound better than it was? ;-)

GOAL!!!!! Charlton are ahead on 8 minutes as Tuna collects an Anderson through pass and finishes superbly. 1-0 (GH)
  • Options
    Give it up sco, Dan is obviously more ITK than you.
  • Options
    Anderson just had aheader just over. He is playing centre mid and is at least 6ft 4.

Woking were over awed first 15, but settled down now. Should win this comfortably though. Tuna had 2 chances and took the both well.

Derby and brentford scouts sitting behind me
  • Options
    Its not what you see its more who you know that counts. I think AFKA was told about the goals at least ten minutes before they happened. AFKA how much will the Tory majority be at the election? Might be worth a few quid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    Derby and brentford scouts sitting behind me
  • Options
    2 0 ht. Very comfortable, though no one particularly shining
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take it that the one in the middle is AFKA?
  • Options
    Well it is woking so not exactly a game you would shine in. Maybe you are expecting too much.
  • Options
    Who anderson ?

Yes. Been at west brom recently according to my man on the rails.

Looks a bit limited to be honest. The other centre mid harry pell looks impressive when driving forward
  • Options
    3 1. Woking score while I'm still supping.

Tuna with his hat trick. One touch turn and fired into bottom corner
  • Options
    3-1 Sogbanmu pulled one back for the Cards, then Tuna with his hat-trick
  • Options
    Harry pell is well rated by ackers I hear. Dan, get home and let the wife know you have more than cafc youth team to keep your mind occupied or it could all be over very soon. She asked me to send this and she is looking hot in her gills kit!
  • Options
    Well I hope you're enjoying watching the carpenters tribute !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Well I hope you're enjoying watching the carpenters tribute !
    is that where they mime along pretending to use a lathe?
  • Options
    Tv at its best mate, and I don't mean 1905 in a bikini.
  • Options
    Though he makes an excellent tv, just not my cup of tea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 1 ft
  • Options
    Isn't Jonjo still eligible for this?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Isn't Jonjo still eligible for this?

He is
  • Options
    It was a very disappointing turn out tonight to see the U18s go through to the next round. Only 550 - many of them Woking fans. A real shame, and discouraging for the young lads and the staff. It was a less sparkling performance than against Gillingham. The tall, leggy central midfield pairing were much less dominant and, indeed, Jordan Anderson had a poor game and should have been substituted earlier. His replacement, Callum Herriot, went out onto the wing and Freddie Warren moved into the centre. Warren is beginning to look a very good prospect and Herriot impressed when he came on. He made some terrific runs and scared the defenders, although he was a bit over-eager at times. Jack Binks looked solid in goal - didn't have much to do but his distribution is excellent. Carl Jenkinson was good and makes an excellent captain. He was strong in defence and made some threatening runs down the right too. Yado Mambo looked a bit sluggish in central defence tonight but the much smaller and younger Jordan Cousins at his side was very lively and decisive. Star of the show, though, was Tamer Tuna who took his three goals very well and seemed to be all over the place, causing the Woking defence all kinds of problems. As well as having an eye for goal, he's a tricky dribbler of the ball and an accurate passer - including a couple of very long crossfield balls. He looks the real deal.
    And so now in the next round we've got Chelsea. I really hope Jonjo comes back for that game. It would be good to have him there to help the kids make a fist of what will be a very tough match. And I also hope that a lot more people will turn up to cheer the boys on.
  • Options
    PS, Tamer's third goal was a gem, coming at the end of a fast flowing movement involving terrific pace and passed from Freddie Warren and Lewis Perkins before TT finished it off with style. It was worth being there for that goal alone.
  • Options
    Thanks for that Nadou.

Anderson I'm pretty sure is usually a centre back, and Cousins can play in midfield, so it's interesting that they've been playing that way around.

Can't imagine Jonjo will play for the u18s again, though he'll surely be at the game watching at least.

Good to hear about Tuna, different type of player to what we've got in the first team which might help him get a few more chances in the first team. Jenkinson looked a decent player when I saw him play last season.
  • Options
    Nadou, just wondered if you were like me in thinking i'm starting to doubt whether Mambo is going to push on to the next level ?

A couple of years ago he looked raw, but carried huge potential if he could smooth certain aspects of his game out. Now i'm starting to think that he might not make the next step up.

Pre-season he was an active part of the 1st team squad, so you should expect him to stand out in these sort of fixtures. Admittedly it was the 1st time i've seen him since pre-season.

I like Jenkinson, i think he has something about him, though i would like to see him central rather than at full back.

The difference between the two sides last night was Tuna's clinical finishing, and i can't emphasise enough he naturally well he took his three chances. Touch and balance wise, he is a player i generally really rate, though i thought they were a little off at times last night. Positionally i'm not sure where he is going to fit in best at a higher level, though i think he would be a better and more natural option than Shelvey in that split striker role Parkinson was playing earlier in the season.

Pell is a little bit ungainly, but for a centre mid gets round the pitch well, is impressive when driving forward with the ball. He obviously has had an advantage at youth level of being a big lad, and it will be interesting to see if he can adapt when playing against men and he loses that advantage.

The other huge centre mid Anderson looked like the standard was a bit above him to be honest.

How old is Jordan Cousins ? Is centre half his normal position ? I know he is a little younger than most of the others, but for an England U16 captain i was expecting something a little different.
  • Options
    Quite amusingly, according to a lad in a group of non-Charlton fans sitting behind us:

"Did you know that Tamar Tuna cannot speak a word of English. I don't rate him, i think he is proper s**t. I don't get it. Although in fairness, although in fairness, although in fairness, i'd still play him instead of Izale McLeod"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] How old is Jordan Cousins ? Is centre half his normal position ? I know he is a little younger than most of the others, but for an England U16 captain i was expecting something a little different.

The FA site says his DOB is 6.3.94 so he's only 15 playing at under 18 level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Quite amusingly, according to a lad in a group of non-Charlton fans sitting behind us:

"Did you know that Tamar Tuna cannot speak a word of English. I don't rate him, i think he is proper s**t. I don't get it. Although in fairness, although in fairness, although in fairness, i'd still play him instead of Izale McLeod"

Sounds like the bloke behind me in the Covered End last season. Didn't even know who Jonjo was, yet he did claim to be an Addick!

Well done, Tuna - a budding Mendonca at this rate, perhaps?