Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Algeria vs Egypt

Currently watching this on Eurosport to a) see if former Addick Madjid Bougherra can qualify for the 2010 World Cup and b) to see if it kicks off big time as they hate each other!

3mins 30 secs in - 8 man punch up! - love it!

Comments

• i really hope algeria win this.

enchallah...
  • 17,000 Riot OB on duty for a game restricted to a 35,000 crowd with 9,000 seats allocated to each country... MENTAL!
  • 31mins gone - first mention of Charlton :o)

Being referenced in a World Cup Qualifying playoff = good times!
  • 1-0 Algeria!

At the moment, Madjid's going to the World Cup......
  • Now this really is pwopah naughty...
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]31mins gone - first mention of Charlton :o)

Yes, but what was the context?
    "The pot holes in the car park were almost as bad as at Charlton" or "There's no beer for sale anywhere in the ground. We might as well be at Charlton"?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]31mins gone - first mention of Charlton :o)

Yes, but what was the context?
    "The pot holes in the car park were almost as bad as at Charlton" or "There's no beer for sale anywhere in the ground. We might as well be at Charlton"?

Unfortunately, it was clearance by Bougherra formerly of Charlton!
  • Madjid is just over 5 minutes away from the World Cup Finals!
  • Madjid is going to South Africa, congratulations to the man!
  • Can you imagine the fallout if a foreign side were physically attacked at Heathrow? Exactly what happened here and they get away with it. Double standards might be mentioned, but we won't want to rock the boat as we are after votes for 2018.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rival fans firing flares at each other in running battles in Edgware Road! Only in Britain.
  • what, irish and french kicking off down edgware road?
  • I think they meet again Thursday evening in the Africa Nations Cup semi final....probably worth a watch !
  • Is it on Eurosport?
  • Oui Rodney
  • Cheers Del, just remembered I've got football anyway... Doh!
  • Biggest game of the year for Egypt and Algeria!

They absolutely hate each other, Egypt dont care about winning the African Nations cup just beating Algeria.

I work with 7 egyptians so we are all going down to the shisha bar tomorrow night to watch it. Whoever wins expect riots in the losers country (happened after the last game)
  • In Lyon in November when Algeria won the play-off the Algerians went mental smashing up windows and being nawty. When I was walking home that night after watching the France v Republic of Ireland match in town they had the French riot police out in full force. They also go wild with their car horns, which they are honking even as I write this, a day before the kick-off (or maybe it is the arrogant French drivers).
  • this game is also on bbc, not sure if its bbc2 or 3 tho
  • Is it ok to head butt a ref?

It seems to be in this game tonight. Egypt get a pen, and Algeria go down to ten men. Egypt score the pen, but the pen taker stops in his run up, the keeper is comitted and the pen taker strolls the ball in.

The Algerian keeper goes potty, and chases the ref. Goes head to head with him, and then lands one on him. Incredibily, the keeper is still on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw that too:
    In Europe the Ref would have gone down.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Saw that too:

If Nicky Bailey shouldn't have gone down, then nor should that ref.
    He should play to the whistle
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Is it ok to head butt a ref?

It seems to be in this game tonight. Egypt get a pen, and Algeria go down to ten men. Egypt score the pen, but the pen taker stops in his run up, the keeper is comitted and the pen taker strolls the ball in.

The Algerian keeper goes potty, and chases the ref. Goes head to head with him, and then lands one on him. Incredibily, the keeper is still on the pitch.

saw that, unbelievable how he stayed on the pitch !!
  • From what I can make out, Egypt are now 4-0 up and Algeria have had at least 3 men sent off
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Saw that too:

If Nicky Bailey shouldn't have gone down, then nor should that ref.
    He should play to the whistle

Brilliant!

There will be a LOT of fall-out from that match. :-/
  • African Cup of Nations - Crap Refs and Linesmen - so poor that you would not be far off if you believe that some of them have been receiving thick brown envelopes under the table, huh?!
  • The keeper lost the plot and was eventually sent off with 2 minutes to go
  • Egypt to wion the African cup of nations again then. How dull they always win it recently but have been to the world cup once ever maybe. Strange init?
  • This game was hilarious. African football is jank but it never fails to make me laugh.
  • 3 Addicks commenting.

Was was with the blue stripe on the keeper?

Surprisingly it seemed the ref called all the big decisions right other than allowing the keeper to nod his head at him.