Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil v Charlton - Pre match thoughts, poll etc

At the end of the day who gives a monkey's about the Irish and the French.

Only one thing that counts and that's CAFC's performance and result tomorrow.

Yeovil seems to be a reasonable mid-table side so I'd settle for a point, with Brizzle Rovers to come on Tuesday, but three would be surperb, especially as we haven't won away since August.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    Having grown up in Yeovil, spoken to friends and seen them lots over the years, the thing about them is they are really inconsistent, some years they look like they can get the playoffs, most years they look like they can just do enough to survive.

Skivo will have them well organised at the back to say the very least, the home fans will make some good noise if they get their noses in front expect a good atmosphere and for them to continue to attack rather than sit on it.

I would rationally say take a point, but seeing as my parents still live in Yeovil and Id like to visit them again in the near future, it has to be a win!
  • Options
    Ithink this will be tough but following the high last week we can go in full confidence.

The reshuffle at the back worries me as does Basey who i think will come in. Hope it will be as open as the game last week and that we can find our finishing touch.

2-1 Charlton
  • Options
    Poll added to first post
  • Options
    Gone for a Charlton win, but my old man reckons we'll loose because we are Charlton and so many times in the past we get all excited and then the players don't turn up. me I reckon we'll start 4-5-1 and then change to 4-4-2 in the second half and score a late winner.
  • Options
    think this could be a comfortable win on the back of last week....I'm going for 0-3. I think we've now got enough competition up front to keep them all on their toes + with Bailey chomping at the bit back in the middle and an in-form Sam back on song, I expect us to be to strong.
  • Options
    1-0 akpo bicycle
  • Options
    confident of a 2-0 win.
  • Options
    60 yarder from Kelly 'Roberto' Youga.

0-1
  • Options
    Charlton win

-Ikeme-
    Youga-Dailly-Sodje-Basey
    -Semedo-
    Sam-Bailey-Racon
    Burton-Mooney
  • Options
    I can confidently predict that I’ll be full of beer, cider & hog roast. I’ll also get wet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wins just don't happen on CL away days!

2-1 Yeovil
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lass[/cite]Gone for a Charlton win, but my old man reckons we'll loose because we are Charlton and so many times in the past we get all excited and then the players don't turn up. me I reckon we'll start 4-5-1 and then change to 4-4-2 in the second half and score a late winner.
    I'll be very surprised if we start with 4-5-1. I think we'll see the same team as last week obviously with a different right back. Probably Youga moved across and Basey in at left back.
  • Options
    "Operation CLIT" will put the mockers on it :-)

2-1 Yeovil I fear
  • Options
    is it easy to find a reason why it will it put the mockers on operation clit or is it hard to find one?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If it rains as hard as predicted, I suppose there's a chance it could be called off/abandoned.
  • Options
    1-2 to Charlton. I shall be taking snorkel, flippers and a large umbrella !
  • Options
    7-0 Bailey 2, Mooney 2, Dailly, Sam and Burton.

On a more pressing note, is the game definitely going ahead considering the awful weather being forecast?
  • Options
    same effort as mk dons game and we should win at a canter 3-0 to us .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]same effort as mk dons game and we should win at a canter 3-0 to us .

Same effort as at Northwich and Yeovil should win at a canter 3-0 :-)
  • Options
    After last week's perfromance I'm quietly confident we can win this one. I'm even tempted to say 3-0, however I will take 1-0 and be more realistic!! No point in going OTT!!!
    Bailey to score again. Right back position worries me though, but would play Youga there and have Basey at left-back with Omosuzie on the bench just in case
    Hope all who are making the trip have a great day out, will be following on here as usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will be 1-1 with a last minute equaliser by that cheating top scorer for the greens, Mason, following a blatant hand ball in the six yard box.
    Possibly
  • Options
    I just have a feeling we will do them.......

Ill be listeing in as usual, been totally spoilt last weekend, with a 5-1 and watching it live so hopefullt can stay awake.....

Enjoy the bus CLIT crew.....
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    One swallow does not make a summer. Our recent form has apart from MK Dons has been poor and our away form appalling. Been watching Charlton far too long not to realise that in all probability we won`t turn up yet again and I predict a Yeovil victory of 2 - 0. Please prove me wrong and have a good day CLIT.
  • Options
    Same formation. Basey LB and Youga RB. Bailey in the middle. 0-2 with Bailey and Youga to score (he's due a goal...)
  • Options
    We are due an away win sooner or later why not this week?

Well because it's going to be a thrilling 0-0.
  • Options
    After the MK Dons performance i'm viewing this game as one of the biggest of the season. If we can grab a confidence boosting away win then we could start the ball rolling again and start building the wall around the 2nd spot, a loss or a poor performance draw will put us back to square 1 again in my opinion. Hopefully we will stick with the same setup as last week.
  • Options
    As a good omen, all the away games i've been to this season we havn't lost, so hopefully I can continue the trend :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]As a good omen, all the away games i've been to this season we havn't lost, so hopefully I can continue the trend :)

Good stuff, enjoy it tomorrow ... and come back with a win ;-)
  • Options
    That Youga shout is a good one if h's playing right back because he'll be cutting in on to his better foot to shoot with.
  • Options
    Hope everyone has a wicked day and the lads do us proud with a nice away win to close the gap on leeds. Not at all bitter and gutted that I had to give up my space on the fun bus due to my new job... gona be delivering shopping in norword croydon and coulsden today.... irony knows no end.